PDA

View Full Version : Blue Rock Thrush

supreet.sahoo
01-30-2013, 12:01 PM
This one here's a male of the Blue Rock Thrush, shot while I was chasing a Kestrel. This was infact the 1st time I saw one of these guys and was really impressed with the deep blue hues. The female is nothing like the male in terms of colors (quite the opposite in the human world :t3).

This one here was cropped for composition.
7D, 420 mm, 1/640, 5.6, 200

Robert Holguin
01-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Very nice shot.
Wonderful background, nice light, and great pose.
I really like the flowers, but to me that boulder is to overpowering.
I think if you cropped more than half of the rock and if you are ok with it copy the flowers and then
add them to your new crop.
Still a great shot.
Well done.

wendell westfall
01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Interesting and different image. I don't mind the boulder, kinda like it, but would like to see the flower stem intersecting the bird eliminated . . . and the bird looks a bit soft on my monitor.

John Chardine
01-30-2013, 07:02 PM
This is great. The rock is perfect for a Rock Thrush, having seen them in Greece. I love the small subject and the emphasis on the scene. Love the ever-so-subtle blue on the bird. Oh, and the subject looks sharp on my display.

Melissa Groo
01-30-2013, 08:35 PM
I really like this. The comp, the space, the colors, those flowers. A very pretty and interesting image that I wouldn't do anything to change.

supreet.sahoo
01-31-2013, 01:09 AM
And thats exactly what I thought while composing this. A rock thrush with a lot of rock :-) and quite luckily infact some complimenting branches with freshly blossomed flowers just added to the composition !!! Thanks for liking this :)

Satish Ranadive
01-31-2013, 02:09 AM
Supreet:
Beautiful image.Very nice composition,nice lights and backdrop.

Regards,
Satish.