PDA

View Full Version : Macro with Tele

vishaljadhav
01-29-2013, 02:19 AM
This was made with a Canon 600D + Canon 400 f2.8 + 2 X TC
a 580 EX II flash was used to illuminate the subject and try and get more details
F 7.1 ISO 640,
Equipment rested on a beanbag
Critiques and comments welcome
thanks
vishal

Faraaz Abdool
01-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi vishal,

Some lovely colours you have captured here. The flash seems a tad too harsh though. What shutter speed did you use? Is this a crop? Are you using extension tubes?

This would've been a perfect image if it wasn't for the wing of the bee in front his/her eye. It's perfectly positioned against the clear bg, with the flowers balancing out the composition on the other side.

vishaljadhav
01-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Faraaz
This is around 80% of the original image.
No extension tubes are used
the Shutter speed is 1/640
I too hoped to get one without the wing in front of the eye, but thats my luck on this one i guess

Jonathan Ashton
01-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Just a tad too bright for me, and I suspect a little over sharpened. Pity the wing was in that position but all in all I think you did rather well with this shot.

Steve Maxson
01-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Hi Vishal. You have a lovely mix of colors and you did quite well on a difficult shot - if the wing had been in almost any other position, this would be over the top! Jon makes an interesting point about the sharpening - to my eye the bee looks "prickly" - rather than "fuzzy." You might do some experimenting with less aggressive sharpening. I would also suggest cloning some of the flash-generated specular highlights on the bee and flowers. You might also remove the small bit of flower extending into the frame in the lower right corner. Overall, this is very nicely done and a few tweaks will make it even better!

Roman Kurywczak
01-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Hey Vishal,
unfortunate on the wing position......but a difficult capture with the suggested tweaks implemented.....it will take this up a notch.

Bob Miller
02-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Hi Vishal....I agree that you need to take down the brightness on this and watch your sharpening! Overall , still a good shot! Hope to see more of your work!