PDA

View Full Version : Young Egrets

David Billingsley
04-28-2008, 10:59 AM
To me, this pair of young egrets look like they are just wondering what they can get into.

Smith Oaks - Highland Island, TX. Canon 40D - ISO 400 - 100-400@400.

carole wiley
04-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I love the young ones, find the bird in the left corners distracting and also the branch on the chest of the right hand egret. On my monitor there appears to be hot spots on their heads (but than, I am at work and the monitor isn't calibrated). Love that you got them both with their mouths open!

Alfred Forns
04-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi David Good nesting image I like the similar poses with open beaks Wish you had some separation with the bill/body and some extra room at the bottom. The toes have been clipped. In general they are tight in frame. I'm sure you were minimizing the bg clutter. In lots of these situations I will go for extreme close ups.

Exposure wise you did well Whites are right at the edge but don't think they are over !!

Robert O'Toole
04-28-2008, 01:58 PM
I like the foliage, the soft light, and of course the dual head turn. The crests up in the breeze look very cool.

Agree with the problems mentioned above.

Robert

Robert Amoruso
04-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Tough situation with the rookery images. Agree with Alfred's suggestions for more room on the bottom to get the toes in but don't overlook the close-up opportunities as well.