PDA

View Full Version : One more Cardinal, female.

CM Prince
01-27-2013, 06:29 PM
One more Cardinal, female.

Taken at Falcon SP TX yesterday
Nikon D90, 1/1000, f/9.0, iso 800, 460 mm

All C & C welcome

Thanks for looking

C M

Randy Stout
01-27-2013, 07:19 PM
CM:

Well exposed, I like the soft BG, grip on small twig.

The bird looks a little soft to me, and the trunk by the tail looks sharper than the area near the bird, so perhaps your focus point wasn't on the face.

I would also consider cropping from the top, the bird is too far down in the frame for the current crop, IMO.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
01-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Neat perch, wonderful BG, and a beautiful subject. Well focussed but needs additional sharpening for web. Perhaps a tad bright, and I agree the bird is too low in the frame. I'd also would have liked less of a head turn in this case. I love how she is gripping the small twig!

Marina Scarr
01-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Do you have any more space on the bottom of this frame by any chance? If so, I would add a little to the bottom and take some off of the top and left. Additional sharpening on the bird would also be helpful. With a little tweaking would work well.

Karl Egressy
01-27-2013, 10:01 PM
I like the pose, and the colours in the bird, but it would be nice to have light in the eye. Background is beautifu. As mentioned it is a little soft for web presentation. (One more round of sharpening after resizing)

Robert Holguin
01-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Very nice shot.
I really like the pose, great background and perch.
As mentioned already bird is a tad soft.
Well done.

CM Prince
01-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks to Randy, Daniel, Marina, Karl, & Robert for all of the recommendations.

I going to post the same bird at another angle with the recommendations that I got from all of you.

Thanks again