PDA

View Full Version : Mt McKinley Black/White

Hazel Grant
01-27-2013, 05:44 PM
It was a beautiful blue sky day, but I thought I'd try a BW conversion. Cropped to a pano to emphasize the majesty of the mtn. Hate it that the telephone poles are there. Should they be cloned out? Other comments?

Robert Amoruso
01-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Hazel,

I like the B&W treatment. The low clouds really add to the image.

The phone lines and the road, IMO hurt the image a lot. Even considering the road as a leading line does not work for me. The mountain is just to majestic for the man-made intrusions.

Don Railton
01-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Hello Hazel

another vote for removing the power lines..and I would remove the tall trees on the RHS as well. The road does not bother me as much. Its a beautiful mountain scene and I like the cloud rolling over the peaks.

DON

Jerry van Dijk
01-31-2013, 02:23 PM
Very nice scene. The BW treatment gives it a very classical look. The clouds around the mountain are a real plus. Too bad indeed for those poles. I don't mind the road too much. A position to the left of the road with the road as a leading line at the right hand side of the image may have minimized the impact the poles have on the image.

Rachel Hollander
02-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi Hazel - looks like a gorgeous view of the mountain, hopefully we'll get to see the color version at some point. I'm also not a fan of the telephone poles and road. I think it might have worked better to actually be in the middle of the road, traffic permitting, to use it as a leading line.

TFS,
Rachel

John Ippolito
02-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Hello Hazel,

The Black and White enhances the mountain and the dramatic cloud cover. Maybe a bit more contrast to pop the mountan and the clouds. Also not a fan of the phone lines - maybe a crop off the right at least to where they pierce the skyline.

Also, the mountain is actually Mt Drum in the Wrangell Mountains. Wrangell-St Elias National Park and Preserve - east of Glennallen, Alaska. A beautiful peak and a great climb.

Ron Bernstein
02-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Many have spoken to the poles issue; consider it a good cloning project! I want to emphasize John's suggestion on
increasing contrast. I'm not sure how you processed this for black and white; I love Nik Silver Efex Pro 2. Majestic view!