PDA

View Full Version : How do you like this wing position?

Randy Stout
01-26-2013, 03:04 PM
1st of all, let me say. This was not photoshopped!

Taken at local bird sanctuary this AM. Unusually active day, and some other photos of greater artistic merit (I hope) to follow. However, as I was reviewing images, this one really caught my eye.

D4 600VR TC-14e f/7.1 1/800sec ISO 1000 Manual exposure Gitzo/Wimberley

Post: smoothed BG, selective sharpening, slight crop from right.

If you look closely, you can see the extra set of feet tucked in behind, and a slight extra line along the head and neck from the back bird. I didn't clean up any of the overlap at all. As taken.

All sorts of interesting titles for this one. Would love to hear some of your ideas on that one!

Cheers

Randy

stuart wanuck
01-26-2013, 03:16 PM
3 d would do it

Andrew Merwin
01-26-2013, 03:56 PM
I'll bet that goose, with 4 wings, is a very fast flyer. :bg3:

Gary Esman
01-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Randy, you are freaking me out here, gonna have nightmares now. Very interesting, betcha can't do that again. Head may need a little more sharpening.

Gary.

Randy Stout
01-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Thanks Guys:

Gary, I agree, a little more sharpening. The extra head behind blurs the edges a bit, but it needs a bit more. I generally am not a very aggressive sharpener.

Thanks
Randy

Miguel Palaviccini
01-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Randy

When I saw this thumbnail, it just made me laugh a bit. What a capture. Both the repost and original are great. This is all about the timing and your position with respect to the two birds. Once in a lifetime shot, that's for sure!

I would consider cloning out the small horizontal line on the bottom right wing (there are two right wings!).

miguel

Randy Stout
01-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Miguel:

The horizontal line is a snow flake blurred by my panning, but I agree, it can go, as it isn't obviously a snow flake!

Cheers

Randy

dankearl
01-26-2013, 07:41 PM
I you were lucky enough to get more DOF with this photo, you would have an award winner!
Cool shot, I like it a lot.

Marina Scarr
01-26-2013, 08:15 PM
I LOVE this frame, Randy, and it's even better with a little more sharpening. This is a contest entry in my book. It's unique and fun. Animal antics in Nature's Best...

Grace Scalzo
01-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Let's see you get this one again. Maybe a once in a life time image ! Lots of fun to veiw, but it sure does look to my eyes like some more sharpening is in order.

Stu Bowie
01-27-2013, 05:16 AM
Hi Randy, a very unique capture of a 'non overlapping' fly by, and one has to look a few times to see where everything is. What is even more special is that you have opposite wing positions. The colours of the geese complement the BG nicely, and if anything, I would blend in the white line coming out of the far wing of the back goose. Still, well captured.

Craig Kerr
01-27-2013, 05:32 AM
A great double Randy, timing is everything :-)

Daniel Cadieux
01-27-2013, 01:28 PM
This is a fun image to study!! When his macho friends told him needed to "grow a pair" he obviously misunderstood...

Sandy Witvoet
01-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Agree with Daniel... fun to study!!!! I've never seen a "four winged Ca Go"! Unique capture......