Melissa Groo
01-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Canon 1D4
500mm
Gitzo 3530LS/Wimberley

ISO 1000
1/1000
f/4

Taken last July in the woods behind my house. No playback used, I just stalked this singer for a while one morning and was able to get close. We have a lot of BTBWs as well as Black Throated Greens in the state forest next to my house in summer, and the woods are full of their distinctive buzzy calls.
I liked the curve of the branch. Wish the tail were distinct from the branch.
Crop, sharpen, NR and I darkened the bright leaves on the right just a little.
Very much appreciate all comments and critiques.

PhilCook
01-25-2013, 05:23 PM
In too like the curve of the branch, verging on a cut off heart shape with the branch on the left as well, angle is a bit steep but nice light and detail and do like the bird being framed by the branches and the oof leaves

Nick Palmieri
01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
I like the perch and the way it frames the bird. I think some of the BG is a little bright and distracting. I am thinking a tighter crop and toning down the BG may improve this. Cool little bird!

Doug Brown
01-25-2013, 05:44 PM
I actually like the loose composition and inclusion of leaves. I do wish the shooting angle wasn't quite so steep, and I'd try to bring down the white patch on the wing a little.

Marina Scarr
01-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Agree with your self assessment here on the tail, and just love that branch. Really like the loose comp you chose here and the artistic feel to the image. I think you made lemonade.

Richard Stern
01-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Hi,

I like the overall feel of the picture, and the greens make me feel as if I'm in a dreamy Summer woodland (it's -25C with blowing snow here today, so I really like this!). But I too would wish for a less steep angle on the bird.

Richard

Colin Gilyeat
01-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Melissa, very nice. I really like the way the branches frame the warbler , but I agree that it would be better if the tail was separated theo the branch.

Colin

Vivaldo Damilano
01-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Melissa, lovely image, like the perch and the head turned towords you. BG is really nice too. Wish the angle to be less steep though.<o:p></o:p>

Cheryl Arena Molennor
01-26-2013, 10:41 AM
I really like how this bird is framed with the leaves and the almost heart shape created by the branches. Agreed about the tail, darn. I like the pose and your choice of composition.