PDA

View Full Version : Trumpeter landing on sandpaper ice

Gary Esman
01-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Hello, this was taken last Saturday morning before the Alberta Clipper came through and put a fresh coat of snow on everything. With the freezing and thowing of the lake this year it gave the ice a unique look. I would have preferred both wings out but I like this shot non the less. I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think.

7D, 1/1000, f/4, iso:400, 500mm HH. Tiny bit of Zamboni work on the ice.

Gary.

Tim Kuhn
01-23-2013, 07:06 PM
I would like to see the tiny Zamboni! I agree with you about the wingspread.. I do like the upcoming reflection on the ice, it adds to the landing drama. More light on the face would also be nice but it looks like nature was cooperating there. Well done!

gail bisson
01-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Very nice Gary. I like the fanned tail and the nice detail in the belly feathers.
Tack sharp as well. I see the need for a tiny bit CCW rotation.
I do wish for more light on the face,
Gail

Peter Scholer
01-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Great angle. Good detail. Agree with others about more light on the face, would like to see the eye. It is a beautiful image. Well done.

Randy Stout
01-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Gary:

I like this one a lot. Nice balance between all the highlights on the ice, and the dark feet and bill. The comp is perfect, subtle shadow neat.

With the dirt that they get on there face from feeding, the face doesn't light up as much as the cleaner areas.

Nicely done. Yes, in a perfect world, the wing a bit more open.

Cheers

Randy

Nick Palmieri
01-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Composition and in flight pose work for me. Also wish the head was a little brighter but tough exposure handled well.

Robert Holguin
01-24-2013, 03:31 AM
Wonderful shot.
I really like how the light is coming through the wing, great comp, and great pose.
Well done.

Jonathan Ashton
01-24-2013, 05:59 AM
Lovely pose great sharpness and detail, a very nice capture, I also like the composition.
I had to Google Zamboni - I did not know what it meant!