PDA

View Full Version : Winter Female Stonechat

christopher galeski
01-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Taken this morning,on my local river,rare sight on river,usually seen on moors,thats were they live and breed,think the cold weather as drove them to lower ground,have not taken many pictures these last months,bad lighting and weather here in the North West of England,not the best lighting today,but had to have a go.stood in middle of river to get this,comments good or bad,cannon 500mm is L,700mm FL,7D,tripod,f5.6,iso400,1/125sec,cropped and sharpened,and some contrast.thanks.

Jonathan Ashton
01-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Lovely shot Chris, you can't go wrong with a stonechat. I like the pose and the perch, slightly unfortunate some strands/twigs are directly over the chest but never the less a lovely shot. Colours look good as is the plumage detail.

Miguel Palaviccini
01-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Chris,

Very nice head angle and pose on this guy. The detail in the feathers is there, although I think the focus is just a tad off the eyes (looks to be on the breast).

There seem to be just a tad too many twigs in the fg, especially the ones right in front of the bird.

Miguel

Stu Bowie
01-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi Chris, I like the high placement in the frame, but would take a touch off the right. I agree with Miguel, the breast area looks sharper than the head.

You are very brave to stand in any water in your weather conditions that you guys are experiencing. Hope you had a wetsuit on.

PhilCook
01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Sweet posture and subject, nice eye contact, also, some less twigs ideally, but I dont find them overly distracting, I would consider a little more selective sharpening on just the head

Karl Egressy
01-23-2013, 08:45 PM
The perch is not the most attractive, but the bird is great, Chris. I wonder if you could work on the perch by trimming it a bit around the bird.

christopher galeski
01-24-2013, 02:07 AM
Thanks for your comments,all taken on board.

Satish Ranadive
01-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Magnificent image of beautiful lady.Very nice colors,details and composition.
I like the artistic looking perch too.

Regards,
Satish.