vishaljadhav
01-23-2013, 06:59 AM
A Bamboo Pit Viper snake, in the Western Ghats India,
Camera 5D M II + Canon 100mm Macro f2.8 L IS
ISO 100, 1/200 f/10 handheld, Flash used 580 EX II

welcome your views , critiques

bhavya joshi
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Definitely Works for me... Beautiful details, and flicking tongue add more.. This snakes never disappoint photographers..
Wonderful profile shot Vishal....

Jonathan Ashton
01-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Excellent exposure on the snake, I am guessing you used manual flash to make the background almost black. I am not always a fan of black backgrounds and whilst this one shows the snake to good effect I think I would have preferred a lighter background. You have caught an excellent pose with the forked tongue, the head, and more importantly the eye is pin sharp - well done.

Faraaz Abdool
01-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Beautiful portrait of this lovely reptile, although IMO the non-black part of the background is a little distracting, I would try to clone it out. (bottom left hand corner)

Otherwise a perfect shot, tack sharp on the eye and excellent moment with the tongue flicking.

Steve Maxson
01-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Hi Vishal. The snake gave you a dramatic pose, the sharpness is excellent, and the extended tongue is a big plus! The off-camera flash has brought out the texture in the scales. If this was mine, I would carefully clone the flash-generated specular highlights on the side of the head. Very nicely done!

shane shacaluga
01-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Wonderful portrait. The tongue really gives it the finishing touch

Roman Kurywczak
01-31-2013, 11:08 AM
Very nice portrait with good sharpness and action. I don't mind the BG and you did well minimizing the flash highlights. If you like you can further minimize them as well by painting over them carefully with the color of the snake. Just something for you to consider.

Marina Scarr
02-03-2013, 07:18 PM
What a killer image with amazing details, colors and sharpness. Love that black BG and the tongue out!