PDA

View Full Version : Wild Plums

Cheryl Slechta
01-22-2013, 08:21 PM
We've had 80 degree weather here for about a week and all the trees are budding out and blooming. Unfortunately we've got a freeze coming tonight. I was on my way home this afternoon and these plum trees were back-lit so I jumped out of the car and grabbed a shot. I tried a free LR plug-in from OnOne - easy to download with many, many presets - this was Glow, Soft and Muted. Then I did a slight Orton effect and a Glass Filter which shows up nicely on a larger image. I'm going to go back tomorrow and hopefully they won't be damaged but I want to get more foreground.

Dennis Bishop
01-22-2013, 09:13 PM
The composition is wonderful, and the colors are very pleasing. The contrast between the large tree trunks and the delicate features of the rest of the image in both size and texture is very effective. You did a super job on this.

Bob Miller
01-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Hi Cheryl....I agree with dennis...You did a super job with this. I really like it. It has abeautiful painterly look that is very soothing. I love the glow. Glass filter?

Cheryl Slechta
01-23-2013, 07:05 AM
Hi, Bob, thanks. The glow came from all three applications - the LR plug-in, the orton effect and the glass filter.:S3:

Hi Cheryl....I agree with dennis...You did a super job with this. I really like it. It has abeautiful painterly look that is very soothing. I love the glow. Glass filter?

Anita Bower
01-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Visions of spring! Beautiful painterly look. I agree with Dennis. This is a gorgeous image--the softness, the white against the dark, the delicate against the massive, the colors.

Kerry Perkins
01-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Cheryl, this one really sings and the song is about spring! I just love the play of light and color, texture and mood. Beautiful! I'm going to have to try that filter...

Indranil Sircar
01-23-2013, 07:46 PM
This is excellent, Cheryl! I love the dreamy like glow to the image. Agree with the contrast... it is very effective.

Judy Howle
01-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Outstanding image Cheryl! The tonal contrasts and the soft glow really are beautiful.

gary ellwein
01-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Cheryl, I have been following with interest your use of Orton effect . This image is particularly appealing with bright delicate flowers contrasting with the stout dark tree.

Nancy Bell
01-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Cheryl, this is fantastic! I love the soft, muted watercolor look and that glow is awesome!

Dave Woeller
01-25-2013, 01:42 PM
What a wonderful mood you've created with this image Cheryl. Pleasing in so many ways.

Cheryl Slechta
01-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks, everyone. It's amazing that it is spring here and it's January! I was out late this afternoon on Paynes Prairie and have lots more images that I can play with:S3:

Maureen Allen
01-25-2013, 11:12 PM
I love this image (and you know I love seeing the wild plums in bloom everywhere!)

I played with this a bit and tried a few variations. One I particularly liked was to create a little more dreamy effect by applying a little noise reduction and some Nik fog. Just a fun alternative :S3: