PDA

View Full Version : Windmill at Sunset

Judy Howle
01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
I used Topaz B&W Effects for the conversion and chose a preset with a reddish tint. I added 2 textures also.

Nancy Bell
01-22-2013, 09:20 AM
The gritty-ness makes it look like an image from the Dust Bowl days. Very effective use of textures and tint that evoke a hard-scrabble farm image. On the extreme right, just above the fence, is a straight vertical line that looks like some artifact of processing.

Cheryl Slechta
01-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Judy, I like the grittiness that Nancy mentions and the tint - it really helps convey a mood. I agree with the straight vertical line, probably something from the texture?:S3:

Dennis Bishop
01-22-2013, 10:19 AM
I like the subject, the reddish-brown tint, and the composition. I keep wondering what it would be like if the background were just a bit lighter behind the upper part of the windmill . . .

Judy Howle
01-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks everyone! The line on the right was in the texture. I removed it and did a little vignetting also. Dennis, it would be hard to lighten the area behind the windmill since I didn't save a layered file this time so I'll have to pass on that.

Anita Bower
01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
The brown tones are just right for this image of an old-fashioned windmill. Beautiful sky and silhouettes. The textures work beautifully. Very nice image.

Kerry Perkins
01-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Hi Judy, nice interpretation of the image. It really does look like an old Farm Bureau photo from the dust bowl era. I am still seeing artifacts in the whole image, wondering what could be the cause. I see lines all the way around the edges of the image, almost like a frame or border was used. If you look closely you can see it clearly in the upper left corner, where it looks like a frame or border.

Indranil Sircar
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Very nice Judy. I like vast sky... tone and textures are just right.

Judy Howle
01-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks Anita and Indranil! I appreciate your comments on the color and textures!

Judy Howle
01-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Hi Judy, nice interpretation of the image. It really does look like an old Farm Bureau photo from the dust bowl era. I am still seeing artifacts in the whole image, wondering what could be the cause. I see lines all the way around the edges of the image, almost like a frame or border was used. If you look closely you can see it clearly in the upper left corner, where it looks like a frame or border.

Thanks Kerry! What you are seeing is the 2 textures I used for a distressed look. One had border effects.

Bob Miller
01-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Hi Judy....the texture that you applied is just right....I like the grittiness

Mitch Carucci
01-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Classic image, great processing.