PDA

View Full Version : landscape in central Great Paradiso N.Park

Valerio Tarone
01-21-2013, 02:22 PM
The place I better know,absolutely. I tried To take it in the last sunlight, but here the sunset is quite passed. i had been searching for reflections. Sigma zoom 17-35 at 35 f14 1/20 ISO200 evaluative met. Dynamic area AF . In PP strong recovery of contrast and color in the central mountain.
Thanks for every comments.

Valerio Tarone
01-21-2013, 02:33 PM
also:sturdy tripod, GND filter.

Don Lacy
01-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Hi Valerio, I spent some time looking at this trying to figure out what I wanted to say and how I could offer some constructive comments. I think the flat lighting let you down here with little contrast and shadows it creates a one dimensional image lacking depth. I also think the composition could be improved if you move the horizon line from the middle of the frame by moving it into the lower or upper third of the frame depending on what you want to emphasize either the sky or the foreground. In this image I would have moved the horizon down eliminating the foreground rocks and making the mountain and sky the focal point of the image. Beautiful location I would love to see what you could do with better light.

Roman Kurywczak
01-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Hey Valerio,
What Strength was the GND? I ask because as Don pointed out......it does look a bit flat still. He also brings up a good point on repositioning yourself for a better FG or angle to take the mountain away from the middle. My guess is that this was at least 5 stops of light difference.....so you needed a bit more GND filter to bring the FG out even more. You can also take multiple exposures and then blend them.....but not sure you do that type of thing. Great location and I hope you get more opportunities their with dramatic clouds!

Valerio Tarone
01-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Thank you Roman, Yes GND is only 1. Thank you Don Lacy, your comment is appreciable, i was considering the ROT.

Don Lacy
01-23-2013, 08:46 PM
i was considering the ROT.
The following quote from Ansel Adams sums up my feelings on following rules
There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams

Robert Amoruso
01-30-2013, 12:56 PM
I have attached a suggest of a better composition. Using a telephoto to woom in on the mountain, get it out of the center, strengthen the foreground lines to act as leading lines guiding the eye to the mountain and enhancing the diagonals of the slopes left and right.