PDA

View Full Version : Muskox II

Hillebrand Breuker
01-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Another shot of the muskox bull in Dovrefjell. I was - as Jasper also suggested in my other post - looking for a more scenic approach, but the weather conditions were really bad. There was a very dull and grey sky. A very hard wind was blowing very small droplets of rain. I have the scenics in my files, but they are more or less kind of "prove" pictures. Later on that the the day there was a bit more light, so I made a few landscapes (without the animals) Well, anyway, this bull was the leader of a small herd of 5 musoxes. There were also 3 females and a youngster.

Robert Amoruso
01-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Hillebrand,

Could you have moved left a bit to get the tuft of grass out from in front of the nose?

At first I thought that the top needing cropping, but I am liking that space. Combined with the wind blown fur, I can feel it. I also like the color of the tundra (is that the right description?) he is laying on.

DanWalters
01-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Nice shot. I like the colors. I think a higher view would improve the image just to see more of the head.

D. Robert Franz
01-06-2008, 10:20 AM
We need to see more of the head as mentioned above. Lovely BG here...

Hillebrand Breuker
01-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks for your feedback. Personally I like the head position. Gives me a kind of intimate feel. I also made an image with more visible head. I'll post that in the future

Jasper Doest
01-07-2008, 04:44 AM
Hillebrand, IMO shots like this only work when the forground is way out of focus....and if you would have left enough virtual space for the animal at the bottom. As for the scenic approach, honestly I still don't see the difference with your previous post. Pretty hard to shoot environmental images with your 500. As said Dovrefjell is wondeful for landscapes as well...so I wonder if you took any landscape images with muskoxes included.

Hillebrand Breuker
01-08-2008, 10:51 AM
No, I did not make any landscapes with animals in it. I tried, but the weather did not allow me to take good ones. All my efforts are in the virtual dustbin :-(

Thanks for your feedback!