PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Fox trot

Ignacio Yufera
01-20-2013, 12:41 PM
This female Arctic Fox kept working 'round the clock with her partner to feed their 7 cubs, last July in Nunavut, Canada.

Canon 1DMkIV, Canon 800, 1/1000 @ F76.3, ISO 400

Andreas Liedmann
01-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Hi Ignacio,
good colors , contrast and tonality throughout the image.
Great low POV combined with lifted paws looking great,detail and sharpness where it counts. Think the highlights in the eyes are a nice touch.

But i think this running fox needs a tad more room , to breathe . So if you have i would prefer a wider crop.

TFS Andreas

Brendon Cremer
01-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Stunning image, comp works for me although i wouldn't mind seeing it with a little more space. Detail highlights and exposure look good, The only distracting element for me is the purple / pink OOF flower in the FG, i would definitely consider removing it. Otherwise a superb image.

Morkel Erasmus
01-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Nice motion and low angle here, Ignacio...
I agree with Andreas on it needed just a hint more room, specifically top and left.
I also think you could perhaps tone down overall contrast just a hint, and then open up the facial shadow detail just a fraction...
:bg3:

Tom Rambaut
01-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Lovely movement caught - more room and I too find the OOF purple flower (?) drawing my eye to it. As it is the only purple bit in the image and just under the fox it really catches my attention. I may have gone a bit higher if the situation allowed. TFS.

Gerald Kelberg
01-21-2013, 06:22 AM
A delightful image, great point of view, well captured. I like how you have captured the two paws in the air and the overall dynamic of the pose. It must have been really exciting watching their coming and going.
Like some of the others, I would like to see a little more space above and would also evict the purple flower. I find the red colour in the mouth to be a bit exaggerated - maybe it is the light, but if you have added to the saturation there, I would suggest easing it back.

Thanks for sharing,

Gerald

Dumay de Boulle
01-23-2013, 12:08 AM
I like this image a lot...Great light and textures and the eye contact takes it over the top. I would like to see more space around as mentioned above but thats a minor thing.

Marina Scarr
01-23-2013, 08:10 AM
This is a truly stunning image of this species. You have stunning light and a great pose. I would keep the purple wildflower because it gives a sense of place and because I try not to remove elements from my images unless absolutely necessary. While I feel this composition works it could be even better with a slightly wider crop if you have the space.

Ignacio Yufera
01-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. Marina, I agree with your reasons to keep the purple blotch. Sadly, this is full frame - 800mm was a little overkill for the foxes, but I was really thinking about birds when I packed for that trip.

Roman Kurywczak
01-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Hey Ignacio,
Good suggestions and comments above......I will be the loner here.....as i like tight comps......and leave it as is! Very nicely done!

Mark Wiseman
01-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi Ignacio,
I like the detail and the low perspective you were able to achieve with this image of an arctic fox. Personally I would have added more space if you had, but seeing that it is full frame, I thinkl you have done well.
TFS and best wishes,
Mark.