PDA

View Full Version : Long tailed tit

Jonathan Ashton
01-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Canon 7D Canon 100-400 L IS ISO 1600 +2/3 1/200 sec f6.3
I took this shot in the back garden, current temperature slightly warmer at 1 deg C
All C&C welcome

Jim Neiger
01-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Nice image and composition. Awesome perch and bg. I'd fix the eye glare and tone down the bright chest area a bit. I'd also sharpen the upper right part of perch a bit more.

Stu Bowie
01-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Hi Jon, love the roundness of this fellow - looks very small too. Nicely framed between the tufts of lichen on the perch, and how the perch curls up through the frame. I do like the varied colours in the BG. I dont know this species at all, but Im seeing a touch of magenta cast on him, but as mentioned, I could be completely wrong. Miserable weather you guys are having, and you show it off nicely in this. You can keep your 1 deg C. :w3

PhilCook
01-20-2013, 03:19 PM
This little bird looks more like he has hair than feathers.....remarkable fine detail Jonathan and nicely toned backdrop, good score getting the whole bird in especially with such a long tail, lovely mossy perch, but wishing it was a bit sharper in the details there. Sweet shotr of an equally sweet looking Tit