PDA

View Full Version : moremi king II

Carole Deschuymere
01-19-2013, 05:25 AM
after the last picture, where my settings were a bit off caused by all the excitement to see such a lion walking towards me, I gathered my wits and tried to think more clearly. we drove past the lions, along the river, and waited while they were coming our way again. Now I was more concentrated, so I think my settings were a bit better. I'm having a little trouble to get the colour right though. Taken in moremi, North gate, Botswana.
Iso 400
f/4.5
1/1600
canon 1D mark IV
Canon 500mm f/4 I IS USM

Roman Kurywczak
01-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Hey Carole,
Techs looks spot on....but as usual for me....I would prefer a tighter comp. A vert of the male would work best for my tastes......even though the environs look good......for me it is a bit split. Very nicely done overall and lets see what others chime in.

Robert Amoruso
01-19-2013, 08:36 PM
I agree with Roman. The lion is wonderful and the dead tree distracting. Vertical is the way to go.

Rachel Hollander
01-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi Carole - I also agree with Roman and Robert. The space above and below is much better in this one too.

TFS,
Rachel

Carole Deschuymere
01-20-2013, 05:26 AM
thank you all for your comments. I liked this one better than previous one, because the tree balances out the picture, or that's what I thought. I could have cropped it more, but sometimes I like seeing an animal in it's environment. My next post is the vertical one you all seem to want...:bg3:

Anette Mossbacher
01-20-2013, 05:27 AM
Hi Carole,

For me the comp is great. For the tree trunk, try to get it out, if you like. I took it over in PS and tried my luck to get the tree trunk out, it works very well, just a bit time needs to be invested. Afterwards it looks much better.
Otherwise I would go vertical as well, to safe time!

Ciao
Anette

Andreas Liedmann
01-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Hi Carole,
like the processing you of the image with good tonality and tones throughout the frame . Colors look good to me ,too.
The head on walking pose with the lifted paw looks really good, but the composition is kind of problematic with distracting tree on LHS , as already suggested by others.
So solution would be cloning and / or cropping.

TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
01-20-2013, 05:30 PM
colour looks okay in this one, Carole
I don't mind the dead tree that much, and would crop from the top to eliminate the darker bands and distant OOF trees there (pano crop)
nice timing for the paw!