PDA

View Full Version : Double Decker!!

supreet.sahoo
01-19-2013, 02:02 AM
A Cattle Egret stands between me and the Little Cormorant and makes a good optical illusion of standing on it!! Double Decker sounds about right !! :w3

Canon 7D, 420mm, 7.1, 1/1600, 640, 0

Thanks
Supreet

Mike Landwehr
01-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Supreet, definitely an interesting pair of birds. Tall and short, black and white, looking left and looking right! However, for me, the egret would make a better image without the cormorant. That would allow you to move the egret to the left, out of the center of the composition. I like the foggy look of the OOF background. Nice light, and good detail in the whites. Your cattle egret looks like our great egrets in Florida.

PhilCook
01-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Quite a contradiction in species there Supreet, quite an interesting composition, and do like the background blur and particularly because the Egrets head stands out well against that blur

Satish Ranadive
01-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Supreet:
Beautiful image of egret in environment with nice HA.I like the composition,lights and details in whites.

Regards,
Satish.

Stu Bowie
01-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Hi Supreet, Im fine with the two contrasting species, and both well exposed, even though we cant see all of the cormorant. I wish for more of a head turn towards you with the egret, but he is posed nicely against a clean OOF BG. Maybe more space below for the virtual legs of the egret and cormorant.