PDA

View Full Version : Beetle sp.

Jonathan Ashton
01-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro, tripod, ISO 400 1/40 sec f8,this image was captured in the hotel grounds in The Gambia, it was quire small so I had to go in close, I knew I wouldn't get everything in focus so I decided this was the best compromise, having said that I wish I had gone for f11 but the little devil would not keep still. All C & C welcome

Roman Kurywczak
01-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Hey Jon,
At this magnification.....looks sharp enough where it need it. You know me and my crops.......so a bit tighter for my tastes but that is subjective. The BG could be smoothed over a bit more to ease the transition from the blue to the lighter part......but all in a a very nice image of a difficult subject!

Bob Miller
01-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Jon...very impressive esp at 1/40 sec and he is moving around...Im sure you had the patience and good luck to catch him between strides.

vishaljadhav
01-23-2013, 07:03 AM
Nice image
the subject is sharp, the key is the wonderful colour tones in the background , makes it good

bhavya joshi
01-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Hi.. Jonathon...

This image really works... nice efforts here The Subject attracts more due to colorful background... well done...

Bobo Madar
01-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Nice and sharp. Background is excellent. Really like it a lot.

Steve Maxson
01-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi Jon. Excellent sharpness for 1/40, the DOF is certainly adequate, and the beetle pops nicely against the blue background. I like how the veins in the leaf lead my eye right to the beetle. I also like Roman's suggestion of toning down the bright area on the right - maybe use a low opacity brush to paint a little blue (or green) in there. This is very nicely done!