Was taken from a manual boat, they allow close views
These are migrants to our area in Winters

Settings
Camera Canon 5D M III
400 2.8 canon + 2 X TC on a monopod
ISO 100, F8, 1/800

Stu Bowie
01-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Hi Vishal, excellent IQ, and I really like the light in this. Good DOF, and you have brought out the detail so well. Love all the droplets, and well timed to capture the falling droplet from the bill. If anything, I would add a touch more space on the right, and take a bit off the top.

vishaljadhav
01-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Stuart,
Thanks for the views, this is the frame that is captured no crop at all
i am very bad still at adding canvas , however will try and give it a go

supreet.sahoo
01-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Quite nice, a good sharp close up of the head. The details on the beak is very good and the light pink color is perfectly exposed. Probably a lil tight in terms of compo and a lil more breathing space would be good. Tfs mate !!

Diane Miller
01-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Beautiful and great IQ! The water drop is wonderful! With a little removed from the top there is less apparent crowding on the sides.

Matthew Studebaker
01-18-2013, 03:46 PM
what an interesting species to see with a head portrait. great detail. it could just be my laptop screen, but there may be a sharpening halo around the edges.

Juan Carlos Vindas
01-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Very nice profile! like the light and sharp eye. I wish there was less room on top and more on bottom. Very nice details for sure, keep them coming!

Peter Scholer
01-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Excellent head position and really like the wide open eye. Well captured.

PhilCook
01-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Wonderful detail, and especially seeing the serrations on the beak which I presume are for straining water, I've not noticed this aspect in a Flamingo image before....most interesting ! Lovely neck curvature, the epitome of grace and elegance.

I agree about needing a little room on the right, worth playing with I think and a good one to practice adding canvas on, shouldn't be too hard.

Lorant Voros
01-18-2013, 09:14 PM
What a beautiful individual and what a great IQ, nice and clear BG, water droplets and all. The composition is always tricky and your personal taste is always the best choice. I can imagine this one with a little less space on the top, but still, it is a super shot. Well done!