PDA

View Full Version : Purple Sandpiper

Geir Jensen
01-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Image is from Norway . Data : 1/80 , F 5,6 , ISO 640

Randy Stout
01-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Geir:

I find this a very effective overlap image, with matching poses, good visual separation between the two birds (they don't blend in so much as to look like a lump)

Sharp and well exposed, with nice blurring of the water from the slow shutter speed.

For personal taste, I might very slightly lower the brightness of the right lower corner.

Cheers

Randy

Uri First
01-18-2013, 12:42 AM
beautiful image. loved the harsh whites , a lower angel would make it a winner.

Doug West
01-18-2013, 05:16 AM
I agree with Randy. The only thing bothering me is that lower right hand corner.

Doug

Roman Kurywczak
01-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Hey Geir,
I think if you just tone down the corner mentioned.....this works very nicely! Very rare to get one subject in front of another to work.....but it works for me as well!

Daniel Cadieux
01-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Lots to like here, love the overall high-key look and the way the flowing water disappears into it. Two things would have made this better IMO. First is cropping a tiny sliver at bottom to hide the little bright wavelet peeking up at LLC, and the second would have been a better HA on both subjects (I know, I'm asking for alot on that last one!)

Kaustubh Deshpande
01-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Loved the juxtaposition. First one is tail-to-bill sharp and the other one as OOF as it should be. Perfect.

I think your shooting angle is very good. Any higher or lower (or left or right) and it would not have worked as well. So well executed.

PhilCook
01-18-2013, 06:32 PM
I see nothing really to correct on this, the lowish angle has rendered the foreground in good focus, not too blurred , just right. I like the high key effect and overlapping of the birds is excellent as is the well exposed fine detail showing through. The gentle water movement over the rock is very nice as well. Only minor nit pic I have would be to add a little more noise reduction to the oof bird behind and clone/crop out the small white semi circular patch on the left hand bottom