PDA

View Full Version : Gulls at high tide

Jonathan Ashton
01-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L IS & 1.4TC Mk1 ISO 400 1/320 sec f20
I took this image whilst photographing the large flocks of waders. I thought it was just a bit different, I am interested to read your comments favourable or otherwise. The gull in flight top right was there, I didn't put it there!:c3:

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1733"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Jack Breakfast
01-17-2013, 01:51 PM
I think this is terrific. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I take pictures like this a lot and enjoy this kind of thing quite a bit! Love those gulls! Nice illustrative quality to this one, and I like the inclusion of the sky.

PhilCook
01-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Liking how the water seems to be looming up about to engulf the photographer....tsunami warning !

Nice satin texture on the water and blue is nice too, and yes to the one flying gull to add a little more interest

Nick Palmieri
01-17-2013, 10:15 PM
I think it works. I like the low angle you captured and the blue water.

Roman Kurywczak
01-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Hey Jon,
Did you do anything to the sky? It looks a bit odd/abrupt to me but it could be the angle you were shooting at. For me, I think I would tone down the whites a few points and I do like the unique look to this. I'm in big favor of edge clean up....if so inclined....but be judicious as it may look "too clean".

Miguel Palaviccini
01-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Jonathan -

I think this is a different, yet intriguing, shot. I like it!

The flying gull certainly adds to the image. I think in the foreground, I would remove the three guys on the left (crop or clone). They seem to be just enough out of focus to make them have to go, IMO.

Miguel

Satish Ranadive
01-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Jonathan:
Certainly different and beautiful image you have got.
Love the frame,lovely blue water and nice low angle.Gull in flight adds to the beauty of image and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Jonathan Ashton
01-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone, it is a straight shot apart from a small crop on the base.