PDA

View Full Version : Tickell's blue Flycatcher with 100mm Macro.

bhavya joshi
01-17-2013, 05:50 AM
Tickled blue flycatcher,
what can i say about this bird, Never seen this much cooperative bird before..
as i was shooting with Tamron 70-300mm Macro. in Shade light. I was getting unsharp images due to low shutter speed. (Tamron 70-300mm not working in low light ) so i decided to attach macro lens to shoot, Now i have to go in macro range. Due to Patience approach, the distance between me and birds was only 2 Ft approx. :Whoa!: He really put its faith on me.

Though Image Background is bit Distracting. but it was my first bird shoot with macro lens.

With canon 550D-100mm Macro F:2.8 USM
F:9.0
ISO:400
SS:1/80s (Sharpen)
AV mode
Big Crop.

C&C Welcomes.
http://indiawilds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12331&stc=1&d=1358262965

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1739"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Roman Kurywczak
01-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Hey Joshi,
Interesting use for the macro! While surprisingly the BG doesn't bother me that much.....as bit of smoothing and toning down of the brighter areas up top will help a lot.....even cropping them out (my preference). You can then minimize the bright spot near the tree on the RH side. If so inclined.....a crop all around to a portrait would also work although not sure IQ will stand up. Watch out.....bird photography can become addictive and given you used the macro....not bad at all!

Miguel Palaviccini
01-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Joshi -

Wow, can't believe you got so close! You must have had some great patience, and you were rewarded. The bird here looks great, with a very natural pose (as if it were not disturbed by you). Detail in the feathers is great.

I think you can afford to crop a bit more. If this were mine, I would lower the contrast in the bg quite a bit, too.

Miguel

PhilCook
01-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Macro birding, now that's worth a medal. looks quite good I think especially considering a big crop, to crop tighter to fill the frame more with the subject would be even nicer

bhavya joshi
01-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Macro birding, now that's worth a medal. looks quite good I think especially considering a big crop, to crop tighter to fill the frame more with the subject would be even nicer

Thanks Phil, I already Crop heavy.. like Maximum, If I crop now than image start reduce its quality... :)