PDA

View Full Version : Wengen/Murren valley

Steve Kaluski
01-15-2013, 05:13 AM
Don't often post here, but this is one of my favourite hikes from Kleine Scheidegg to Wengen around 7.5 miles under the shadow. to the left of the Eiger & Jungfrauj in Switzerland. I thought the two stone cairns were rather symbolic, plus I did add a stone to them also. :S3:

The darker peak in the centre, just on the horizon is the restaurant at the top of the Schiltorn, or for those who love Bond, where the movie, On her Majesty's secret service was filmed.

Steve

Subject: Wengen valley, Murren view towards the Scilthorn
Camera: Canon MKIV
Lens: 24-70 f/2.8 with CP filter
Exposure: 1/250 at f9 ISO400 -0.3 stop compensation
Original capture horizontal

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2885"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Rachel Hollander
01-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Hi Steve - nice to see you posting over here and a beautiful view. Like the rich colors. Looks like the light was fairly stong but well handled. I like the comp of viewing the town through the two cairns.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
01-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Hi Steve,

I too like the rich colours and the way the ridge leads down from the LH side into the valley/village. Its a beautiful scene. I would prefer if the closest Cairn was a little more isolated from the background, but I am not sure how you could have achieved this as a step to the left would have put it right in front of the village, and the second step in that direction looks to be a really big one..!

DON

Michael Libbe
01-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Beautiful scene!

Hilary Hann
01-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Mürren, where I spent many weeks skiing in my youth but never saw it barren like this. I'm not sure that the larger cairn adds to the landscape, it is like blocking force for the valley so instead of leading through the valley and into the mountains, it stops the view. I would also reduce the brightness on the cairn rocks. Thanks for posting this, wonderful memories come flooding back.

Roman Kurywczak
01-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Hey Steve,
Not super early light but well handled! I like the comp here......must just darken the area around the first FG cairn to give a bit more separation but all in all.....well done!

Morkel Erasmus
01-18-2013, 03:18 AM
Nice to see you venturing in here, Steve. Solid comp which must look great in golden light!
I wonder if a double-process would bring out more details in the strong shadows on the mountains?

Robert Amoruso
01-19-2013, 08:30 PM
I think you handled the strong light well Steve and the shadows due reveal some detail as I would expect.

I do think that the cairns could be better juxtaposed with the BG peaks but have no idea if that was possible. As presented, this is a pleasing image of the area. I like the blue sky a lot.