PDA

View Full Version : A crane blur

Miguel Palaviccini
01-14-2013, 11:38 AM
This is another image captured yesterday morning. With little light and lots of cranes, I decided to try my hand at some blurs. The horizontal streaks on the bottom of the image are cranes in the far bg flying in the opposite direction. I was tempted to clone them out, but would like to get some opinions on them. I converted to BW, as the colors didn't add anything to the image, IMO.

Shooting info:
Nikon D800 | 500 f/4 VR
1/4" | f/13 | ISO 100

Comments and critiques are appreciated.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1720"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Jonathan Ashton
01-14-2013, 12:49 PM
I am not often a fan of blurs but I do like this one, I am not artistic so don't take my comments to heart. I like the ">" formation but I get the impression there is a little too much empty space maybe say a crop of 1.5 cm from the top about 2cm from the bottom and 1cm from the right.
I particularly like the almost sharp head of the crane almost centrally placed, this leaves the viewer in no doubt as to what they are looking at.

Bill Dix
01-14-2013, 02:45 PM
I was composing my response before I saw Jonathan's. It was to read "I'm not often a fan of blurs but I like this one." Great minds think alike. :S3:

The degree of blur is just right for me, and the vee formation works nicely. I'd be tempted to evict the upper left crane which is partially out of the frame, remove the streaks at the bottom, and crop up a bit from the bottom. Just my personal taste. And btw the black and white works well for me too. Well done.

Gerald Kelberg
01-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Here's another one who isn't big on blurs, but I do like this!

I think the overlap of some of the leading group of three cranes takes away a little from the image. But you have done well making a neat image with what you had available.

Gerald

dankearl
01-14-2013, 03:55 PM
I like this and nice to try something different.
I find a few too many overlaps for me, the blur is about right.

Kaustubh Deshpande
01-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Am liking the treatmnet here a lot. Very artsy. Well done. not easy to do, definitely.

I am thinking it might look better with small crop from bottom and perhaps including the the full top-left bird if you have in orig.

Robert Holguin
01-15-2013, 03:10 AM
Beautiful shot.
I really like the degree of blur on the birds.
Well done.

Satish Ranadive
01-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Miguel:
Beautiful artistic image.Very nice composition.Blurred forms of cranes in B/W looks beautiful.
I will keep the lines of the far away cranes.

Regards,
Satish.