PDA

View Full Version : Red-tailed H\awk.

Karl Egressy
01-13-2013, 09:52 AM
I just counted; I have ten consecutive frames of this flight action.
I got rid of only two frames, (twelve originally) when it flew into an area having a shrub between her and me.
Even those ones remained sharp. I have never in my life had this good BIF shooting before.
As my wife calls it; I was in perfect synchrony with the whole world on that day.
Some BIF shooters have most of their days like this.:S3:
Here is one of the frames.
I posted some before.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D MIV
Canon 300 f2.8 L IS
Manual Exposure
ISO 1600
1/1600 s
f 5.0
Hand held

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2702"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Stu Bowie
01-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Hi Karl, the comp works well with this pose, and good to see the detail of the near underwing, and detail of the top of the far wing. I do like how we can clearly see the talons against the BG, and overall, good DOF for F/5.0. Well captured.

Sidharth Kodikal
01-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Excellent dynamic pose, Karl and the bird stands out so well against that bg. Exposure looks great and there's no visible noise at that high iso. Way to go.
I'd sharpen the head/eye selectively just a bit more. Nice work Karl.

Miguel Palaviccini
01-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Karl, this is a wonderful capture. Great to hear you had such a successful trip, and it shows! The full extension, of both talons and wings, makes this one of my favorites (although I'll reserve my "fav" until I see all 10). :)

Randy Stout
01-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Karl:

Good comments from the crew. Nice colors, pose, comp. I do agree with Sidharth about the head/face benefitting from a bit more sharpening. Not much needed.

Cheers

Randy

PhilCook
01-13-2013, 03:32 PM
First up....my wife never says I'm in perfect synchrony with the world hehehehe....more of a cacophony

Impressive shot Karl, love those talons, a little more sharpen to head only would improve slightly maybe, at least looking at it this size. Must say I'm in awe how well some of you folks get these inflight images

dankearl
01-13-2013, 08:17 PM
You have about as attractive BG as you could ask for with these birds.
Sharp enough for me and a very nice flight pose.

Satish Ranadive
01-14-2013, 01:13 AM
Karl:
Magnificent flight pose with beautiful colors,great full wings up,nice details and superb BG.
I could see the version with some crop on the RHS.

Regards,
Satish.

Robert Holguin
01-14-2013, 01:30 AM
Excellent shot!!!!
Terrific wing position, great flight angle, great background, and great comp.
Well done.

Daniel Cadieux
01-14-2013, 09:55 AM
It's very satisfying when that happens! Nice pose, and I like the vertical comp. Very nice BG, but I would fill in the lighter area near the wingtip.

Jonathan Ashton
01-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Beautiful shot super timing and pin sharp. I wonder if the contrast is a tad high on the bird, the colours look very punchy ...but this may be becasue of the colour/tone of the background.

David Salem
01-15-2013, 02:05 AM
Sure is nice when you get the camera and yourself to lock on to a bird for more than a frame or two. Can make a whole series in a couple of seconds of shooting getting many different wing positions and maybe even a different BG. This frame is very nice with a nice wing position, exposed well and full of detail. Like the comp too. Well done

Frank Schauf
01-15-2013, 03:07 AM
Nice in flight pose, good capture, Karl.