PDA

View Full Version : On route to work

Steve Kaluski
01-11-2013, 01:26 PM
I just wondered, does anyone have anything interesting to negotiate, or drive through on route to work?

This is the drive out & back to Duba camp which negotiates the hand built bridge. At night, in pitch darkness apart from the headlights it can be interesting, especially when the land rover gets stuck in the ruts/groves of the river bed after the bridge coming home. :bg3:

Christopher Miller
01-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Yikes! Looks like the bridge is half sunk! Glad my commute is a 5 minute walk down the street. :S3:

Marina Scarr
01-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Wow, Steve, this is pretty amazing! Glad I am not in your shoes...at least for this endeavor.

Sidharth Kodikal
01-15-2013, 11:46 PM
I have to negotiate two speed bumps in the office parking lot :S3:
Your ride sounds like a lot more fun! TFS.

Brendon Cremer
01-16-2013, 05:12 AM
Ha ha yes i remember that old bridge well, brings back some great memories.

Ian Cassell
01-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Jeesh, this makes my daily commute in traffic look like a cake-walk! Are there interesting critters that live in that water should you get stuck?

Steve Kaluski
01-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Brendon have they changed it? If they have, well future trippers will have missed out big time, Chitabe is a breeze compared to this. :bg3:

Ian, do you mean gators or similar? Not sure, but having got stuck numerous times coming off the bridge, one at night when people had to disembark onto adjacent jeep at night can be fun, clutching all their prized camera gear I didn't take time to look. I thought something was a miss when the footwell started to flood upto my seat, a rather wet end to the day. All good experience, however the rangers/guides are really good and get the vehicles out, eventually. :S3:

Ian Cassell
01-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Wow. Yes, I was wondering about crocs or some other nasties.

PhilCook
01-21-2013, 03:55 AM
Nothing exciting here unlike your commute.....still look on the bright side.....at least the boss never bothers to ask why you're late

Rachel Hollander
01-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Seeing that image, I'm not sure how I feel about leaving the travel plans to you. Does Alison get veto power?