PDA

View Full Version : Purple Moorhen.

Satish Ranadive
01-10-2013, 08:43 AM
This hen was imaged today morning. Cropped and sharpened.
Few bright spots from BG and legs are darken. NR applied to BG.

ISO: 640, 1/800@ F: 5.6.Spot metering. Exposure bias: +0.7.Av mode.
WB: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1778"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Nick Palmieri
01-10-2013, 09:08 AM
This bird has nice colors and I think your exposure is dead on. I wish for a slightly better HA, but I love how the one leg is bent.

Miguel Palaviccini
01-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Satish,

This has the makings to be a wonderful image. A nice 'head-on" pose and have both eyes in clear focus.

The colors and details are there, although I think the bird lacks some contrast.

Nice choice of shooting angle, as well.

Stu Bowie
01-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi Satish, the colours are awesome, and good DOF on the swamphen. Your low angle of capture works well, and nicely separated from the BG.

I agree on some added contrast, and here is my version. Opened ACR, clarity slider + 35, then a touch of tonal contrast Colour Efex 4. I only worked on the Moorhen.

Sidharth Kodikal
01-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Nice comp Satish and I like a head on view of this character. My last trip to Pashan, I tried hard to get close to these guys but had to crop even with a 500 + 2x.
The OP is a bit hazy, and Stu's repost addresses this. I'd go a bit further I think. Just levels/curves/shadows & highlights tool in PS would also work if you don't have Color Efect (I don't)

Satish Ranadive
01-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Hi Satish, the colours are awesome, and good DOF on the swamphen. Your low angle of capture works well, and nicely separated from the BG.

I agree on some added contrast, and here is my version. Opened ACR, clarity slider + 35, then a touch of tonal contrast Colour Efex 4. I only worked on the Moorhen.

Thank you all for your appreciations.

Stuart Sir,
Thanks a lot for your time on the image.It looks brilliant.

Regards,
Satish.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
01-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Satish, great angle, pose but the contrast was low or the image was a bit 'light' and Stu's RP addresses the issue. Over all, you are doing a great job of shooting different species and like your work.

Sachin Saraf
01-10-2013, 12:20 PM
The moment I looked at the original image my reaction was it lacks contrast...and Stu exactly addressed the issue in re post...Beautiful pose and exposure...wonderful job..

Karl Egressy
01-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Excellent colurs an details captured, Satish.

Ignacio Yufera
01-10-2013, 02:26 PM
I love this "pastel" subspecies of the widespread Swamphen, and this one is beautifully captured. Really like the full frontal view and the leg position. I agree that the added contrast in Stuart's repost improves it.

PhilCook
01-10-2013, 04:00 PM
I do like his chest and neck markings, and you've managed to bring out great fine detail in the feathers, it's slightly different in color than the ones we get over here. The repost has addressed the lack of contrast, nicely done Satish

supreet.sahoo
01-11-2013, 06:20 AM
Nice head on position and the eye contact is lovely. The repost is vibrant and better, but I would still say that you have done a great job with the image. All in all a wonderful image.