PDA

View Full Version : Richards Pipit

vishaljadhav
01-09-2013, 07:36 AM
One of the First images made with the Canon 400 f2.8 hand held on a canon 600DClicked in Pune - India

<iframe width="468" scrolling="no" height="60" frameborder="0" style="border:none;" border="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2853" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"><p>Your browser does not support iFrame.</p></iframe>

Randy Stout
01-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Greetings:

Your bird is sharp, well exposed, nice catchlight,pose.

Could you share what you did in post processing? The background looks a bit unnatural to my eye.

Including your shooting data helps us make more accurate comments, in this case, the f/stop would be of particular interest.

Cheers

Randy

vishaljadhav
01-09-2013, 12:13 PM
ISO 500
AV Mode
Sutter speed 1/3200
F 7.1
Metering Evaluative
TC 2X II

Marina Scarr
01-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Very good exposure on your bird and it's nice and sharp. Also a nice angle and head ange. Thank you for sharing your settings. It helps us when commenting on photos.

Did you alter the background rocks of your image? It looks a little unnatural to my eyes.

I am curious about the legs on this bird. Is this how all of their legs look? Very interesting.

PhilCook
01-10-2013, 02:08 AM
Lovely sharpness and detail and a typical erect and rigid posture these birds tend to adopt.....we have same species in Australia. Liking very much the warm colors in this image...but yes. something has gone slightly wrong with the transition of the background blur over the rock or soil.

Judging by the heavy scaling growths on it's legs it seems to be either an old bird or/and has maybe " Bird Pox "

vishaljadhav
01-10-2013, 02:53 AM
The growth on the legs of the bird is some kind of fungal growth, its seen in pipits around this area and seen around the legs only.
I have seen it on some other birds of different species around the beak but always around harder surfaces

About the background now i have got curious and i will try and locate my original image of May 2012 to see if i really altered anything .

Let me try and post the original tonight.

best regards
vishal

Karl Egressy
01-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Nice image, sharp and well exposed. Is it normal for the legs to have those bumps?

vishaljadhav
01-10-2013, 10:38 AM

This is the original image that was made, no crop or anything added to this, simply converted the .CR2 from photoshop to .jpeg and resized it to the BPN size so that i can post it

In case anyone wants to see the original i can send it too

The bird here is on a dung pile , in the background there is rock on which if i remember correctly the patches seen are moist areas besides the water, this is just besides the river.

here i have tried to go as close as eye level as possible to throw the bg completely off .

best regards
vishal

vishaljadhav
01-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Karl,

This growth has been commonly seen on pipits in this particular area

Randy Stout
01-10-2013, 12:58 PM
It looks like the act of removing the birds shadow, both from body and tail, gave the slightly odd look to the BG that folks were noticing. I would revisit that issue and see if it can be done without altering the rocks so much.

Cheers

Randy