PDA

View Full Version : Ground Squirrel

BenBotha
01-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Canon 7d
F 5.6
ISO 320
1/3200

Picture taken in Central Khalahari Game reserve, Deception valley.

I have a problem-the displayed picture I posted on the forum is enlarged to more than 100% and is not sharp. When I right click on the picture and view the picture in that window, it is displayed correctly-at 100% and is quite sharp. Why does this happen? Is it a problem with a setting on my computer? I checked other posts of other members and it is the same situation, the posted picture when I open the forum is displayed larger than 100% and when I right click on the picture and then view the picture-it is displayed at 100% and extremely sharp. How do I fix the problem? Please help.
Ben

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1718"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Mark Wiseman
01-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Hi Ben,
I like the detail and the low POV you obtained in your image of the ground squirrel. As pedantic as I am to level images, I would apply a tad rotation in the clockwise direction even if it means that the ground squirrel leans forwards a wee bit.
TFS and well done.
Best wishes,
Mark.
:wave:

Andreas Liedmann
01-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Hi Ben,
lovely typical pose of this animal.
Nice fine detail in the fur and lovely colors.
Low perspective and good a composition.
I would slightly lighten the squirrel and give him a tad more tonal contrast.

Sorry , i have no solution for your problem.

TFS Andreas

BenBotha
01-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the comments, all valid. I checked on a different computer, it looks like a setting on the specific laptop thats causing the problem-the others were all ok. Thanks.
Ben

Morkel Erasmus
01-13-2013, 04:29 PM
glad you found the answer to the issue, Ben
I too am pedantic about leveling but I think it's fine as is - the squirrel is standing upright which indicates to me that it probably was standing on a slope...nice detail and exposure, these guys are cute

surely you have seen more in your Kalahari travels? show us some of the big cats you've encountered? :w3