PDA

View Full Version : Mynah

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
01-08-2013, 01:41 PM
<tbody>
Camera
Canon EOS 7D (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_7d/)

Exposure
0.001 sec (1/1000)

Aperture
f/5.6

Focal Length
700 mm

ISO Speed

Exposure Bias
+2/3 EV

</tbody>
The light was low, so I had to up the ISO. Taken Handheld. Wish I could remove the OF bird in the ULC of the frame.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1733"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Sachin Saraf
01-08-2013, 02:08 PM
You did well in low light with high ISO...yes it would be good to get rid of the OOF bird in corner...BTW I have never seen a myna with that kind of beak...what type is it?

Mike Milicia
01-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Cool bird with nice perch and setting!
I don't mormally like to crop too tight but, in this case, I think cropping a bit more off the top would be helpful to lessen the effect of the OOF bird.
Wish the head was turned a bit more toward you.

Dennis Zaebst
01-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Sweet image, Sanjeev. Agree with cropping a bit off the top, to just below the top of the yellow leaf at UL. This would also result in a more rectangular, and perhaps more dynamic, image. Well done!

Satish Ranadive
01-09-2013, 05:58 AM
Sanjeev;
Beautiful image of myna in environment.Love the pose with nice colors and details.Agree about crop on the top and may be silver line at the bottom.
Sachin: This Myna has deformed beak.

Regards,
Satish.

PhilCook
01-09-2013, 06:38 AM
ISO 2500 on a 7D...that's very impressive.

Have to agree about the oof bird in the background, but some nice detail captured in this right down to the slightly deformed beak, I'm guessing it's a juvenile so it may straighten out in time. The extra fine detail in the eye is interesting, he/she looks like has a tiny ring of LED lights.

Added info.......this species is here in Australia as well, an introduced bird that has become a pest, and it's range is forever increasing, just recently seen in my home state of South Australia....you can have them back if you like :bg3:

Daniel Cadieux
01-09-2013, 09:48 AM
I like the comp as is but too bad for that other bird in the ULC as already mentioned by others. Nice pale colours and I like the perch. Good result for the high ISO too. A better HA would have been great.