PDA

View Full Version : Hillsboro Light

Harold Davis
04-27-2008, 02:00 PM
I figured i would switch gears a little. all the northern lighthouses that look cold and dreary, how about one in a tropical setting? i boosted the saturation on purpose to give it that look. i wanted it to be bright and fun instead of cold and windy. hope you like it. if there's too much human element in it, you guys can dump it. i wasnt sure how far we could go with it. this does kinda depict what it's all about in this area. thanks

D300, 18-200VR at 29mm, f/16, 1/640s, 0EV, ISO 400

comments and critiques are appreciated.

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi Harold,
You've got to admit..........not as pretty as the northern ones (although one of my favorites is Ponce DeLeon near Daytona). I would have prefered separation between the boats or not even having the FG one and making a pano with the boats heading out,
Roman

Harold Davis
04-27-2008, 02:41 PM
ok, i can do that to!! i was trying to give it a foreground element to balance it, but i got lots of different perspectives so i can go the other way too.

i do like ponce!! i shot it in my infancy and got some great compos at ISO 1600:( with a D50:( needless to say, they didnt turn out very well. cant wait to go back.

those northern scenes are beautiful!! i love them. this is just different. tried to make it fun! thanks for the comments.

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey Harold,
You're closer to ponce than I am! It's a tough one compositionally but well worth a go back and re-do!
I'm thinking you can get rid of the boat in the FG......and with a little clean up in the merged are pull it off. I must admit, we do have more fun here in the landscape forums........i'd like to keep it that way!
Roman

Harold Davis
04-27-2008, 04:13 PM
hey roman, is this more like you were talking about? it is much simpler.

Bob Ettinger
04-27-2008, 04:16 PM
The repost is much cleaner and I like it. Did not realize how much the FG boat bothered me until it was not there.

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi Harold,
Dinner Break,
i'd put the 2nd boat (between the 2)..........back in......but otherwise......Yes!
Roman

Robert Amoruso
04-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Harold,

The second post is much cleaner and more pleasing. The first one was cluttered/busy and hard to make sense of. The boats leading out of the harbor lead the eye into the image.

Michael Pancier
04-28-2008, 03:24 PM
where'd you shoot this from?
a boat?

the angle looks different from the angles I've gotten from the beach there...

Harold Davis
04-28-2008, 03:28 PM
i shot it from the park right there on a1a by the bridge. how do get to the beach? looks like all private residences back there and i didnt feel like trespassing yesterday!!

Michael Pancier
04-28-2008, 04:05 PM
i shot it from the park right there on a1a by the bridge. how do get to the beach? looks like all private residences back there and i didnt feel like trespassing yesterday!!

there's public access between the condos right on A1A. there are meters there although not many.

the beach is open to the public.