PDA

View Full Version : Lensbaby Flower Shot

Mike Moats
04-27-2008, 12:03 PM
After seeing some of Fabs images with the lensbaby I decided I needed to give it a try. The little lens is a blast for macro. Here is a shot from my first day with the lensbaby. I'll post more later.

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi Mike,
I don't have one of these.........may reconsider.........I might want this one a little tighter (go figure)..........to get rid of shadow area on right and proportionally on bottom,
Roman

Chris Ober
04-27-2008, 06:34 PM
I never was very happy with my results using the lensbaby. Maybe I just need to try some more. Nice one. I think it would be nice if the center of the flower was a little more focused.

Robert O'Toole
04-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Comp is very good, agree with Roman on the dark areas.

Could never get into Tilt shift type lenses.. I have owned 2 in the past and never used them much. Hope you like yours Mike.

Robert

Ed Vatza
04-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Congrats on the new toy, Mike. Looks like you are going to have fun with this. The image looks cool but I find my eye looking for a focal point and not really finding one. Might have to agree with Chris regarding more focus on the center of the flower.

Fabs Forns
04-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Congrats! Be prepared for lotsa fun :)

I couldn't help playing with it.
Rotated, cropped, over-exposed and saturated.Hope you like it.

Vincent Grafhorst
04-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Very arty looking image Mike and I think it is just the type of image suitable for the type of adjustments Fabs made here.

Mike Moats
04-28-2008, 03:36 AM
Hey Fab, I had a blast on the first day shooting with this lens and looking forward to shooting more of these abstracty looking flower shots. Nice job on the adjustments, really pops.

Julie Kenward
04-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Mike and Fab, I want you both to know I added this to my Amazon wish list...along with the other 500 photo-related items that were already on there.

Anybody know a good sugar daddy? :D

Don Lacy
04-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Very nice image Mike I like the sense on motion in the caused from the blurred lines and Fabs treatment really makes it pop.

Stuart Dahne
04-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Gosh, I won one of these lenses last year, the G-3, and I have never taken it out of the box. You guys are inspiring me to pull it out and begin to learn some. Interesting shots, I like them!