PDA

View Full Version : Simon Says - stand on one leg!

Randy Stout
01-05-2013, 02:35 PM
My first thought when I saw these two yesterday was, "how do they do that?" My second thought was, looks like Siamese twins separated at birth, but still hanging out together! I worked them for about ten minutes, and they never did fall over. What made it even more amazing was the 20+ mph wind!

D4 600VR f11 1/2500s ISO 640 Gitzo/Wimberley

Post: Modest crop for comp, selective sharpening, cleaned up the background and some 'debris' in the foreground.

Advice and comments always appreciated.

Cheers

Randy

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1704"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Marina Scarr
01-05-2013, 02:43 PM
I really like this, Randy, b/c it's so unique. Your exposure is spot on. The colors are stunning. Wouldn't mind seeing it with a looser crop as well.

Geir Jensen
01-05-2013, 03:34 PM
I love it........................

Grace Scalzo
01-05-2013, 04:06 PM
This is one of those images that I just can't stop looking at. It's perfectly executed, fun and funny, all at the same time. Good job!

Miguel Palaviccini
01-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Randy - nice capture! It's a humurous image, and very well technically executed. I like that you can see an eye from each one. I can't imagine shooting in this kind of weather -- cold and really windy -- but I'm sure glad that you went out and shared this image with us.

gail bisson
01-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Well visualized Randy!
I like the "cool" winter whites and blues.
The similar poses really make this a different and fun shot.
The curves of the necks really strengthen this image as well.
Exposure is perfect,
Gail

PhilCook
01-05-2013, 07:20 PM
hahahaha...love it to bits !!! 10/10 for an original, different and totally likeable image. Whites are handled perfectly Randy. No nit pics from me ... just a lot of envy :bg3:

Roman Kurywczak
01-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Hey Randy,
Techs look spot on. I like the BG and separation ....but the comp isn't thrilling me like the others.....but can't put my finger as to the why. Could it be the r birds smaller eye? Could it be both heads slightly away?......I don't think that is it.....so I will think about this for a while and get back to you.

Randy Stout
01-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments, and glad you gave several of you a chuckle or two!

Roman: This one certainly fits into the category of "coloring outside the lines" as it breaks a lot of the normal rules, head angle, limited view of eye, etc,. but I thought the poses were so ridiculous and mirrored that I couldn't resist. Both my wife and daughter laughed out loud when shown this one independently. That was good enough for me!

Cheers

Randy

Roman Kurywczak
01-05-2013, 07:37 PM
No problems Randy! By no means a delete! Many times things don't conform to the rules and work.....as in this case.....so not quite sure why the one eye/HA would bug me so much???
Hope you had a great new year with the family!!!

Satish Ranadive
01-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Randy Sir,
It's amazing, that are standing on one legs in such windy weather. Very unique pose captured.
Love the exposure and details in whites.Agree with Marina about loose crop.

Regards,
Satish.

Jonathan Ashton
01-06-2013, 04:31 PM
A very eye catching image for the excellent pose and secondly the super exposure, one of those slightly different images we come across every now and again..... one we all wish we had taken!!

Uri First
01-07-2013, 02:05 AM
beautiful image

Robert Holguin
01-07-2013, 02:30 AM
Wonderful shot.
I really like the poses, exposed very well, excellent details, and great comp.
Well done.