PDA

View Full Version : Antartic Fur Seal Pup

Andreas Liedmann
01-05-2013, 07:31 AM
Hi folks,
photographed this seal pup on the beach of Salisbury Plain on South Georgia Island, normally famous for big numbers of King penguins .

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 500 IS L
Tripod

F5,6 ; ISO 1000 ; 1/1600sec

Processed in RPP and PS; used a B/W conversion for pushing the contrast (red filter) at reduced opacity. Cropped a sliver from RHS and top.

Thanks for watching and leaving a comment.

Cheers Andreas

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1758"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Rachel Hollander
01-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Hi Andreas - great detail on this one. The comp works for me and the falling snow (?) adds to the overall scene. Does it need a slight amount of ccw rotation?

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Canuel
01-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Super detail, nice mood, and a cute subject on this one Andreas.

Roman Kurywczak
01-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Great details and angle here Andreas! The fallow snow? adds a nice touch as well. Debating toning down the URC to the same tone as that below it.....but all in all a fantastic image.

Andreas Liedmann
01-05-2013, 02:21 PM
THanks Roman,Steve and Rachel for your kind comments , really appreciate them.

Yes it is falling snow !

Roman -already thought about the lighter part in URC , toned it down already. But think not enough.

So i reworked and lightened the darker part as well , to get smooth BG. Hope this works better.

WDYT !!??

Cheers Andreas

Roman Kurywczak
01-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Works for me!

Steve Kaluski
01-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Hi Andreas, the RP works for me too. Nice composition and the setting with the falling snow gives atmosphere. The diffused BKG also helps to separate the subject well. Could the subject do with a little more space all round, but keeping it all in proportion?

I just wonder, having perhaps a slightly slower SS might have helped with the falling snow (defining it more) and given some nice movement in that flipper to add additional interest?

TFS
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
01-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Super shot Andreas, very nice detail, snow adds interest, I like the RP better, nice shooting angle as well.

Marina Scarr
01-06-2013, 03:12 PM
The RP is absolutely spot on. What a difference that cleaner BG makes. Snow and raised foot add a lot of interest, and I really like the rocks underneath him.

Morkel Erasmus
01-08-2013, 10:15 AM
great detail here Andreas, and of course the angle
the snow is a great touch
RP for me! :cheers:

Anette Mossbacher
01-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Hi Andreas,

the second image looks beautiful to me. The snow adds really some "flakes" :))
Love the details...etc.

Ciao
Anette

PS Bin neugierig. Wie macht man denn das : [ used a B/W conversion for pushing the contrast (red filter) at reduced opacity.]