PDA

View Full Version : Two with one blow... er.... push of the shutter

Dennis Zaebst
01-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Taken in November 2010 in Bosque. I was perusing some older folders and am a bit surprised I missed this one. Modest crop for composition, luminance smoothing of BG, sharpening of birds. Slight contrast & clarity enhancements. That's about it for PP.

Canon 7D; ISO 400; 500 mm f/4L IS; 1/1000 sec. @ f/10.0. I might have backed off on the f-stop a bit to blur the BG just a bit more...but I kind of like the sense of the environment there.

C/C always welcome. Thanks!

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1718"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Ivan Ellison
01-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I like it, great to catch them both sharp in the frame. Lovely complimentary colours. Shame the upper bird has its legs dangling past the lower birds wing and a slight turn of the head to replicate the lower one would have made it complete. However ,after all they dont perform to our requests and you have captured them perfectly.

PhilCook
01-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Lovely symmetry and I like the dof just as it is = nice backdrop. Impressed you got such sharpness at only 1/1000. Agree it would be slightly nicer to have the birds a little more separated, but wonderful capture with those marvelous wings

Jon Swanson
01-04-2013, 05:39 PM
The wing position and environment being included add to the image for me. The eyes look a little funky like perhaps a little over sharpening?

Marina Scarr
01-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Lovely pose on the two with good angles on both. I would warm the image up just a tad. If you have a little space on top to play with, I would consider cropping a little from bottom and left, just enough to remove the dark spot. It's not a deal breaker. The image is still lovely, but I do think it makes the image even stronger, and you can add a little on top if you have it.

Robert Holguin
01-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Wonderful shot.
I really like the flight pose and position of both cranes and great background.
Well done.

Dennis Zaebst
01-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Thanks everyone. I have attached a revision, which I have warmed up just slightly, and cropped in a tiny bit from the left. Jon, the eyes look normal to me at 1:1, so I didn't change anything there. Thanks again.

Matthew Studebaker
01-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Exposure: great
Detail: perfect
Light: very nice! I like the edited version even better
Pose: great double pose
Background: good scenery background to give context without being distracting. well done
Composition: good! Nice shot Dennis.

Dennis Zaebst
01-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Thank you Matthew. I appreciate your taking the time to comment!