PDA

View Full Version : Time to say goodbye!!!

Humberto Ramos
01-04-2013, 05:56 AM
After 2 years in wildlife photography, mainly bird photography, I'v sold all my photography gear...

In this 2 years, was able to "win" 4 images of the week here in BPN, win a big bird photography contest in Portugal (my beloved country), had several images commended in photography contests, several images in semi-final and final of big international contests, and last year have made up to the final in WPOTY 2012.

Bird Photography was an hobby to me, I just photographed in the weekends and not all of them, but since I was a child my dream was to become a full time wildlife filmmaker, doing documentary work of the species around the world...

With wildlife photography I found a way to fulfill me dream, cause I could photograph the wild species and show them to the world, doing that I also was helping to protect those beautiful species we have. But the true is that in Portugal its not possible to become a professional bird photographer, there are no magazines, there are no market, few people are willing to pay even 100€ for a bird photography workshop…

With 37 years now, I’ve decided it was time to follow my dream and buy a good camera for wildlife filming, I had a chance to buy a RED ONE, a 4K cinema camera (4,5K) fully equipped, but for that I needed to sell all my photography gear, In Portugal we are living a big financial crises and could keep my photography gear and at the same time buy new video gear.

It’s a sad moment for me, but at the same time I'm very happy, cause its the beginning of a dream...

I want to thank all BPN members and friends, the critics to my photos and others members photos help me grow in photography and help me becoming a better bird photographer.

Everything I learn in BPN for sure will help me as a wildlife filmmaker, hope in the future to save some money to return to bird photography, cause its something I do love...

I made a small Video Reel (power point) with some of the picture I’ve made in these two years (only horizontal images), hope you enjoy and many tanks to all who have teach me so well.

I do love you all...

Photography Reel:
https://vimeo.com/56442552

Roger Clark
01-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Humberto,

So sorry to see you go, but I understand. Best of luck in your new endeavor. Remember, we do have a video forum. I hope you will show us some of your work.

Happy new year and good luck.

Roger

Kaustubh Deshpande
01-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Humberto, am sure you will excel in your new endeavor. Good luck. Looking forward to your films. And am also sure you will be able get back into bird photography after a break. You can always hang out here with comments even if you dont post anything new. Loved the video.

Daniel Cadieux
01-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi Humberto (or 1berto as I first remember your user name!), it was a pleasure viewing your images, and thanks for your participation on BPN!! As Roger says, we have a video forum and I too would look forward to seeing your results. Good luck, and come and say hello from time to time!

Humberto Ramos
01-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Humberto,

So sorry to see you go, but I understand. Best of luck in your new endeavor. Remember, we do have a video forum. I hope you will show us some of your work.

Happy new year and good luck.

Roger

Thanks Roger,

I will try to post in the video forum each time I make some nice bird clips...

Humberto Ramos
01-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Humberto, am sure you will excel in your new endeavor. Good luck. Looking forward to your films. And am also sure you will be able get back into bird photography after a break. You can always hang out here with comments even if you dont post anything new. Loved the video.

Thanks Kaustubh,

I intent in the future to buy photography gear and to continue my work in bird photography, I still have a lot of images to post in BPN, but not having much time lately, but will try to post them and to keep comment other photos...

Humberto Ramos
01-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi Humberto (or 1berto as I first remember your user name!), it was a pleasure viewing your images, and thanks for your participation on BPN!! As Roger says, we have a video forum and I too would look forward to seeing your results. Good luck, and come and say hello from time to time!

Thanks Daniel,

Indeed my user name was 1berto, "Hum" in portuguese spells exactly the same way as "um", and "um" mean one, thats why I normally use 1berto as username.

Randy Stout
01-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Humberto:

The best of luck to you, and your photography skills should translate well to filming!

Do share your creations with us.

Cheers

Randy

Nick Palmieri
01-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Best of luck! Looking forward to seeing your video. Hope to also hear how your transition from still to motion goes.

Marina Scarr
01-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Best of luck to you, Humberto, in your new venture. It sounds quite exciting and I have a feeling you'll find a place for bird/wildlife photography in your future. You are still very young. I hope you will post some of your videos on BPN once you start realizing your dream!!! We look forward to seeing your videos and your progress.

Grace Scalzo
01-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Good for you Humberto! My best regards to you and please stay in touch.

Greg Basco
01-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Best of luck, Humberto. It's awesome that you're following your dream!

Cheers,
Greg Basco

arash_hazeghi
01-05-2013, 02:09 AM
good luck Humberto, please share some of your video work with us!

James Shadle
01-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Be well!
We can allow videos from a "Red One" in our DSLR forum:w3.

Humberto Ramos
01-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Be well!
We can allow videos from a "Red One" in our DSLR forum:w3.

Well, the Red One shoots in RAW, beside videos maybe I can also put some pictures :bg3:

gail bisson
01-05-2013, 04:50 PM
I wish you all the best Humberto and look forward to seeing your films,
Gail

PhilCook
01-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Onwards and upwards it seems... all the best with it, a dream come true it seems

David Stephens
01-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Good luck Humberto.

Gerald Kelberg
01-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Hi Humberto,

I have enjoyed the images you have posted over the past two years. The quality of your images makes me confident that you will be very successful with your move to video. Look forward to seeing more!

Good luck and good fortune!

Gerald

Jerry van Dijk
01-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Sorry to hear that you had to make this difficult decision and I applaud you for your courage to follow your dream. Wonderful pictures on the reel by the way.
I wish you good luck!

Jon Swanson
01-13-2013, 12:38 AM
I commend you for chasing your dreams!! Good luck and I hope you post some stills when you get a chance!!!!

Sabyasachi Patra
01-14-2013, 04:12 AM
Congratulations Humberto!

It is good to know that you are following your dream. We live once, so better to follow your heart. The Red One is a nice camera for the price and is a good way to get into filming. A slightly expensive Canon C100 would have allowed you to use your lenses.

I am primarily filming these days with the Canon C300 and am able to use all my Canon lenses. Look forward to seeing your clips. All the best.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Humberto Ramos
01-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Many thanks to all for the kind words and support I' receaved...