PDA

View Full Version : Crested Serpent Eagle

supreet.sahoo
01-04-2013, 04:49 AM
This bird was shot in the Nagarhole National Park in India around 4 months back. There was no artificial lighting used nor was this image darkened in PS. It was infact an experiment that we were trying by severely underexposing the subjects in normal lighting conditions and here's the result. I have tried the same technique with different subjects and the results are really interesting.

Equipments:
Canon 7D and 300 F4 + 1.4XTC II

Specs:
5.6, 1/4000, -2.7ev, ISO 400

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2291"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Daniel Cadieux
01-04-2013, 09:21 AM
The results are indeed interesting, very moody. I like the concept, I just think the brights need to go a tad brighter and the subject / perch sharpened a bit more for web. Always fun to experiment!

Jonathan Ashton
01-04-2013, 11:38 AM
What a good idea, it has produced a very interesting and different image. I think there is a little noise in the bird that could be minimised and I would consider toning down the log as it vies a little for attention.

Sidharth Kodikal
01-04-2013, 02:01 PM
It's always nice to understand light and use it creatively, such as in this case where you've achieved a dramatic effect.
I like this a lot. I would do some tweaks as suggested above to polish this fine image.

Marina Scarr
01-04-2013, 02:09 PM
I really love the mood you created here with the lighting. It's really just right for my taste. Would like to see perch and bird sharpened more, esp the perch as Dan mentioned.

Satish Ranadive
01-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Supreet:
Beautiful and interesting image of Eagle.Very nice eye contact.Agree with others about brightness and sharpness.

Regards,
Satish.

supreet.sahoo
01-07-2013, 12:56 AM
Thanks everyone for liking the concept. While doing the PP i was a lil too engrossed with the bird and looks like I completely avoided the perch, a genuine mistake which will corrected in the future. Also here's a lil pp that i did further to correct the changes.