PDA

View Full Version : My 2012 in Review

Morkel Erasmus
01-04-2013, 02:20 AM
Hi guys. It's that time of year again...

At the end of every year I compile a Best Of collection of my photographic journey through the year on my blog. It's a bit of a cliche, I know, but it really does help one take stock of your personal growth as a photographer and also recount the memories of capturing these moments in the solitude of your own company or in the company of friends and like-minded individuals.

http://saffascapes.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-2012-in-review.html

The photos I posted here may not even reflect the very best in my portfolio for 2012 (how do you decide that in any event?). They are simply the photos that encapsulated my photographic journey the best for me personally.

I would really love for you to check this one out and let me know which images are YOUR favourites. You are welcome to comment on this post, but I would also appreciate if you could leave a comment with your thoughts on the blog post itself.

Have a great weekend, and thanks in advance!
Oh, and happy New Year to everyone!

Rachel Hollander
01-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Morkel - What, no top 5 B&W images for this year? This certainly was a fantastic year for you, especially in wildlife. I refuse to pick a favorite except for the one of Daniel. Good thing you included that one. :w3

TFS,
Rachel

Hazel Grant
01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
When I saw this post, I immediately thought of the elephant standing on hind legs ....glad you included this one... and glad you included that new little one in your family!

arash_hazeghi
01-06-2013, 12:21 AM
excellent Morkel! Thanks for sharing these images, and the species we often don't see

PhilCook
01-06-2013, 04:35 AM
Truly inspirational Morkel, outstanding photography

Marina Scarr
01-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks for sharing. Great body of work. Elephant balance is my fav

Don Lacy
01-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Morkel, You had a very good year by anyones standard. The two stand out images for me are the Approach and eye on the Prize both images tell compelling stories

Jerry van Dijk
01-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Hi Morkel, very nice collection of your images. My absolute favorite is The Approach. The eye contact is so intense that it sends shivers down my spine. Combined with the excellent IQ this is a winner in my book! Daniël is a good second, but he wasn't listed in any of your top 5/10's....

Morkel Erasmus
08-05-2013, 04:26 AM
You are all very kind. Thanks for your comments!