PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly

RUShorty
01-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Taken with Canon 20D ISO 400 1/400 sec f11 exp bias 0 lens Tamron 18-200mm at 200 mm.

Alfred Forns
01-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Having a little trouble figuring what to do here My first thought is the light Hard light and shadows will detract before you even press the shutter Here a diffuser would make for ideal conditions

I like the insect placement but not the orientation Having the close wing not visible detracts You did get a good exp but would have gone to a large f stop to help blur the bg I know that you also need dof but I think blurring would take front seat !!! Framing and space around the flower are excellent !!!! Hoping to see lots more Remember the diffuser !!!!

Robert Amoruso
01-05-2008, 08:24 PM
The diffuser would go a long way here. If I am out in harsh light I will always use it. Alfred caught the nits well. Looking forward to seeing more.

D. Robert Franz
01-06-2008, 09:55 AM
As mentioned above a diffuser would help but butterflies are not usually cooperative for very long. Fill flash would certainly help. The busy BG is your biggest problem here.. Changing your camera position until you can see a smoother BG is very important in macro photography. Use your DOF preview to check your BG..