PDA

View Full Version : Bosque sunrise blast off.

Tom Rambaut
01-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Was lucky to be in Bosque in November on a BAA ITP. You Americans are very lucky to have such a place. Thoroughly enjoyed the week - made lots of mistakes including having my IS switched off for most of the week. Dumb Dumb.

landscape, birds and a bit OOTB. So was not sure were to post it.

Taken at 6.40am with 1D MK 4, 500mm, 1/50 @ 5, ISO 100, Manual mode with tripod.

First post for 2013.

Thanks Tom

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1758"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Tony Whitehead
01-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Love the colours and layers, Tom. I would be tempted to crop severely from the top to create a pano by losing almost all the pale sky. Great post to start the year.

Karl Egressy
01-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Beautiful birdscape image, Tom. Love the colours and the proportion of the land sky in your composition is appealing.

Grace Scalzo
01-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Beautiful colors, Tom. I agree with Tony on the crop from above. The image feels unbalanced to me and I think that the left side with no birds in the water is contributing to that. The other thing that is bothersome to my eye is the dark stretch above the birds. It has no detail and is so even across the top that it is making the tree tops look odd. I suspect that there are folks here with better processing skills than myself and a better eye for landscapes who might have some thoughts on this. Post more from your trip!

Mike Veltri
01-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Very nice Tom, I have not seen many birdscapes from Bosque this year posted.

David Salem
01-04-2013, 11:34 AM
I like it allot. Makes me feel like Im there. Takes a few seconds to take it all in. Like the transition from top to bottom. Great morning colors and feel. Well done and portrayed.

Jonathan Ashton
01-04-2013, 12:09 PM
This image has it all for me, glorious colours, clear silhouettes and blurred silouettes, having scrolled the image a few times I think I would crop most of the top empty sky.