PDA

View Full Version : Plexippus paykulli

bhavya joshi
01-03-2013, 09:43 AM
One of my Favorite Jumping spider... Plexippus paykulli)female.
most photographs spider. Actually This species are in my backyard only so whenever i get chance I experiment on it.

Hope you like the image.

With canon 550D-100mm Macro
built in flash with man made(diffuser)

F:4.0
ISO:400
SS:1/200s
handheld

Thanks for viewing.

http://indiawilds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12171&stc=1&d=1356961078

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1739"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Roman Kurywczak
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
While I generally prefer more dof......you id really well with this one Joshi getting the sharpness where it needed to be. A clean BG and nice pose also help to compliment the image. A bit tight in the bottom leg.....so pointing down slightly in the field would have helped.....but a very nice image nevertheless! Given your specs....I would push your gear to ISO 640 and maybe even drop your SS to 1/160 to get another stop of DOF.....just for you to compare when you are done shooting.

Steve Maxson
01-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi Joshi. This attractive little jumper is giving you a great pose and you have excellent sharpness on those "big" central eyes where you most need it. Love the clean background! Roman has some good comments above for you to consider. If this was mine, I'd probably clone the two lower catchlights in each eye. You might also try adding some additional diffusion material to your flash diffuser because you are still getting some flash-generated specular highlights on the spider. A tweak like this to your diffuser can make a big difference in your results! :S3: Overall, this is very nicely done!

Marina Scarr
01-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Great capture and sharp in all the right places. Killer FG & BG.

Jonathan Ashton
01-07-2013, 09:01 AM
This image has impact because the subject is well focused and stands out from an unobtrusive background. The most important areas are sharp, i.e. eyes palps (remembered the word this time Steve!) and front legs. The icingon the cake would have been to have had the top of the head a little more in focus so that someof those hairs would have been sharp this would have the effect of not diffusing the head into the background. The multiple highlights in the yes can suggest the use of artificial lighting, this does not bother me too much but if you want to portray the spider as it may have appeared in natural light I suspect cloning the smaller highlights and just leaving one major highlight in the various eyes would be better.