PDA

View Full Version : Road through the snow

Hazel Grant
01-02-2013, 07:18 PM
We had 3 snows this past week, totaling about 10 inches or so. This is a road through the SIU campus. Did a bit of curves and sat adjustment. Removed a lamp post and fire plug.

Robert Amoruso
01-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Nice composition with the road acting as a leading line and s-curve into the image Hazel.

The snow-covered trees are very picturesque.

The near foreground trees and road appear unsharp. Not sure if this is an issue with sharpening or depth of field. What aperture was this taken at?

Hazel Grant
01-03-2013, 09:40 AM
oops. That's the problem. I had the camera set in aperture priority at 5.6. Forgot I was doing wider landscape. What would you suggest for a shot like this.

Morkel Erasmus
01-05-2013, 05:26 AM
nice mood, composition and graphic quality here Hazel
you could try a tighter crop to eliminate the most OOF parts?

Hazel Grant
01-08-2013, 06:08 PM
good idea. I;ll experiment with cropping. I"m still working on getting used to my D7000. Moved up from a D40x and the sensitivity is quite different. Good, but different. I"ll keep working on it.

Jerry van Dijk
01-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Hi Hazel, this is a lovely scene. We had only one day of snow here all winter, but hopefully there's more to come. An alternative solution to cropping might be to use the grad filter in ACR to apply selective sharpening from the left (the whole left side seems a little soft to me, right side looks fine). I tried it with the low res jpeg, but then it doesn't work that well. I think it can work well on the original image.

Roman Kurywczak
01-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Hi Hazel,
Very nice lines and mood. For landscapes try at least f/8 but I generally prefer f/11 on up.....depending how windy it is! You could always up the ISO as well for added SS and DOF.