PDA

View Full Version : 2 sets of tubes....

Jody Melanson
04-27-2008, 07:16 AM
then my Sigma 150, then my 50/1.8 reversed on the front. From camera body to end of 50/1.8, it is about 14" long!

Model = Canon EOS-1D Mark II N
Exposure Time = 1/200"
F Number = F20
Exposure Program = Manual
ISO Speed Ratings = 200
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Metering Mode = Spot
Flash = Flash fired, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 2 sets of Kenko Extension Tubes, 150mm, reversed 50mm
Color Space = sRGB
Exposure Mode = Manual exposure
Handheld
Full Frame

Velvet Mite

http://jmelanson.smugmug.com/photos/285703253_JpVCT-O.jpg

Robert O'Toole
04-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Very cool Jody the sharpness and DOF looks great. Super eye details.

I dont know how many people know how small these things are but I know they are tiny! I have seen them cover flowers in swarms in alaska (it takes a lot of them). Great job.

Wish it was a flower or a leaf rather than dirt for the FG and BG but like as is.

Robert

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi Jody,
Agree with Robert that most people don't realize how tiny these guys really are. I have seen them on the Calif. coast and never even dreamed of trying them as a close up. I would however re-visit this one if possible with an f32..as this may bring the second eye into focus.

John Cooper
04-28-2008, 01:54 AM
An ultra-macro so well done Jody!!!
I often see a tiny red insect about the size of a pin-head crawling around rainforest areas. I wonder if this is a similiar critter!!
Hand-holding such an extension of tubes and lenses would be quite a feat I imagine. Good colour impact here and fine detail where it counts. The diagonal composition works well but I would like to see a little extra space in front of the insect rather than the space behind it. But just getting the subject in the frame must've been a challenge. Well done!!

Vincent Grafhorst
04-28-2008, 02:57 AM
Some magnification you have achieved here Jody. Well done. Looking at your ISO I agree with Roman that you could have gone for f/32 here to make this even better.

Don Lacy
04-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Very cool image.

Stuart Dahne
04-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Great shot!!! Amazing detail for one of these little guys!