PDA

View Full Version : Castle Rock Ablaze

Morkel Erasmus
12-30-2012, 04:15 PM
I shared an intense sunset this past Christmas weekend with Andrew Aveley on the beach of Brenton-on-Sea. This is the infamous Castle Rock viewed in the amazing light we witnessed.
I photographed this while my camera and I were incessantly pelted with rain and lightning was flashing overhead. :Whoa!:
In the frenzy op trying to keep my gear dry I shot very few compositional variations in these few minutes of epic light :e3

I hope you have an enjoyable New Year celebration, folks! :5

Techs:
Nikon D800
Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8
f16 | 8 sec SS | ISO-200
Single Exposure, with NO filters used! (love the dynamic range of this camera)

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2638"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Andrew Aveley
01-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Nice light and scene Morks......nice LS lens with lens hood to keep rain off ;) Great PS work on this one . Maybe look at more of a pano comp with some of the top and bottom . Maybe next visit you can spend more time shooting ;)

Morkel Erasmus
01-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Indeed, Andrew...will have to visit when the little ones ain't so little anymore hehe. Thanks!

Roman Kurywczak
01-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Hey Morkel,
Very nice colors and look to this. I like the FG rocks......so just a crop off the top. I also tweaked the FG a bit to bring out some more of the greens and contrast....just in the FG. Looks like an exciting place! Happy New Year to you and your family!
PS After posting.....I may darken the LL corner.....but hope it give you another option.

Jerry van Dijk
01-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Spectacular colors, Morkel, it must have been quite a sight to witness this "live". I appreciate the improvements to the composition the cropped RP's show, but it's just too bad to see so much of that colorful sky go!

Rachel Hollander
01-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Morkel -I'm very late to this one but gorgeous colors and I like the silohouetted rocks. The reposts each take it up a notch. I like the lone bird on the rocks too.

TFS,
Rachel