PDA

View Full Version : American Tree Sparrow

Jim Crosswell
12-27-2012, 07:49 PM
This was taken today at a local nature center. This was the best BG I could get for the area they were in. All C&Cs are welcome and appreciated.

Canon 1D Mark IV
500L f4
1.4 Extender
ISO 100
f6.3
1/250s
Tripod

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1758"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Nick Palmieri
12-27-2012, 08:17 PM
I wish the BG wasn't so bright, but even so, the bird looks good. I think, if it were mine, I would crop a bit of the left side in front of the bird. TFS

Robert Holguin
12-28-2012, 02:59 AM
Very nice shot.
Excellent pose, very nice pose, details are stunning, and great comp.
Very well done.

gail bisson
12-28-2012, 06:20 AM
I think this is lovely.
I like the colors in this image and you have shown the chest spot perfectly as well as the reddish crown.
IQ is lovely as well. I like the composition. I will be opposite to Nick and suggest a sliver off the right.
BG has a nice complimentary color to the bird feathers and I like how it transitions to white.
A bit more of a head turn our way would have been nice but then you would have lost the catchlight so I am happy as it is.
I am assuming that ISO 100 is a typo and it should be ISO 1000.
Gail

Karl Egressy
12-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Nice image of this handsome Sparrow, Jim. I saw the first one for the season in my backyard last night.

Jim Crosswell
12-28-2012, 07:41 AM
I think this is lovely.
I like the colors in this image and you have shown the chest spot perfectly as well as the reddish crown.
IQ is lovely as well. I like the composition. I will be opposite to Nick and suggest a sliver off the right.
BG has a nice complimentary color to the bird feathers and I like how it transitions to white.
A bit more of a head turn our way would have been nice but then you would have lost the catchlight so I am happy as it is.
I am assuming that ISO 100 is a typo and it should be ISO 1000.
Gail

Thanks Gail the image was ISO 1000.

Jon Swanson
12-28-2012, 09:33 AM
I like the pose and the details. Great use of flash on the subject too. One thing I would consider is eliminating the catchlight in the eye from the flash but that is subjective. Nice capture!

Daniel Cadieux
12-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I like the image as is, very well done. IQ is excellent, pose looks quite regal, and the complimentary BG looks great. I see what looks like a processing artifact touching the perch in front of the foot, I'd clean that up (even if it was there originally). One of my favorite sparrow species...gotta go look for some!

Bill Dix
12-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Hi Jim. Very nice shot, with good detail and color, including the complimentary background. Comp looks ok in my book. I didn't realize these guys would still be around your neighborhood - I guess they are late migrants.

Arthur Morris
12-28-2012, 09:37 PM
I like the bird and the look and the sharpness. You have these down pat. Great pose, SH, and head angle. Best way to bring down the BKGR is in Viveza with control points.....

Daniel Cadieux
12-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Hi Jim. Very nice shot, with good detail and color, including the complimentary background. Comp looks ok in my book. I didn't realize these guys would still be around your neighborhood - I guess they are late migrants.

Bill, this beautiful species is on its northern part of its winter range and spends the snowy season with us in south and eastern Ontario. Lucky for us!

Jim Crosswell
12-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments, suggestions and tips.

Satish Ranadive
12-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Very very sweet image.

Regards,
Satish.

Arthur Morris
12-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Very very sweet image. Regards, Satish.

I agree. But please let us know what you like about it. Thanks!