PDA

View Full Version : High key brown thrasher in budding tree

Grace Scalzo
04-26-2008, 09:49 PM
There is an area near me where there are lots of good birds, but just horrible conditions as far as backgrounds go. Plus the birds are not used to people, so getting one out in the open is rare. Went over there this pm for a bit, even tho it was cloudy and this brown thrasher decided to pose and sing a song. Does the oof branch kill this? And how does the high key work for you? (I'm usually not a fan)

Thanks for looking and for your comments.

1/320, f8, ISO400
1DMk2n, 500 + 2x, tripod

Sid Garige
04-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Well balanced background Grace. Complemented subject very nice.

Gayle Clement
04-26-2008, 10:49 PM
The background works well, Grace, especially with the leaves and flowers in the same tones as the bird. This is really beautiful.

The one thing I would consider is to clone out the out of focus branch in the background.

Manos Papadomanolakis
04-27-2008, 01:34 AM
Nice pose and nice details,agree for the out focus branch

Fabs Forns
04-27-2008, 02:09 PM
I am loving the sky here, it really makes the bird stand out OOF branch no biggie. You need to clean your sensor, though :)

Anita Rakestraw
04-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Grace, this is very very nice, I like it all the way around. I would maybe get rid of that oof clump to the immediate lower left of the bird. I have been trying for several days to get close enough to one of these to get a decent image of one of these; they seem to be extremely people shy here!