PDA

View Full Version : Common Ringed Plover . A ice cold morning.

Geir Jensen
12-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Image is from south west coast of Norway. 1/640 , F 4,0 , ISO 100 , 500mm.

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=1758"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Grace Scalzo
12-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Geir, nice exposure, very pretty colors. The green seaweed adds nicely. I would rotate this ccw and consider eliminating much of the bottom and then the right. I feel that this amount of negative space is too much here.

PhilCook
12-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Sweet shot and nice exposure especially considering the bright conditions, extra nice low angle of shot, the seaweed is an interesting addition to the shot. I think Grace may be right in her suggestion of CCW rotation and cropping and i feel a tad more light on the face/eye region would lift this even more

gail bisson
12-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Hi Geir,
Another vote for CCW rotation. The bit of green really makes this image.
I feel the image is a bit dark and would increase the brightness a bit,
Gail
Is ISO 100 a typo?

WIlliam Maroldo
12-26-2012, 07:28 PM
I like the composition, and the seaweed (the bird must have thought there was a tasty morsel hiding there). The image is somewhat underexposed, and the blacks are blocked. Unfortunatly there is rarely a post-processing solution for this. The light seemed to be relately soft, so at the time of capture quite a bit of overexposure could have been applied (up to the point of clipping the whites) and the dark plummage would fair much better. Of course normalize exposure in post. Regards~Bill

Daniel Cadieux
12-27-2012, 02:06 PM
I like the feeding behaviour and plump pose of the subject. Love the clean setting. I agree with the image being dark overall, and I too would place the plover lower in the frame.

Bill Dix
12-28-2012, 10:03 AM
A lovely shot, Geir. The green really adds to it, especially the little sprig in the ice. I'll be odd-man-out here and suggest that the rotation looks exactly right to me, based on a quick browser crop. I could imagine the bird a bit lower in the frame -- maybe reducing the bottom area by 1/3 -- and a little brighter in the face. But all in all, it's a handsome image IMHO.