PDA

View Full Version : Vermillion Flycatcher (young male)

WIlliam Maroldo
12-25-2012, 12:33 AM
Sony A900~Sony 500 F4 G~Sony 1.4x~ISO 1600~F/5.6~1/1000sec~manual exposure~hand held~11-27-2012~Brazos Bend State Park, Texas. ~CS6 I'm usually going after the bigger birds, but sometimes the little guys fly in and demand a portrait. The reason I think it is a young male is because of the orange streaks in the plummage that I haven't seen with females, could be incorrect. Comments and critique welcomed. regards~Bill

<iframe width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://mer54715.datafeedfile.com/widget/aff_widget_prdt_generate-2.0.php?aff_num=10536&aff_net=1&widget_num=2219"><p>Sorry your browser does not support iFrame</p></iframe>

Satish Ranadive
12-25-2012, 10:49 AM
William:
Magnificent image of beautiful and cute bird.
Love the pose,wonderful colors,sharp details,nice perch and lovely backdrop.
Very nice composition too.

Regards,
Satish.

PhilCook
12-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Lovely comp and nicely placed in the fame I think, great fine detail showing and the angle of the bird towards the camera is well timed. A little more dof field would of been nicer in a perfect world. This is a really nice image I think, the thing that first caught my attention though was the eye, it looks a little hazed with from light reflecting off it, perhaps a simple selective contrast tweak on just the eye may work to improve slightly

Tim King
12-25-2012, 11:58 PM
I really like it. Nice bold pose and the BG is as you want it. He kinda looks like me when I eat spaghetti : )

WIlliam Maroldo
12-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Thank you Satish, Phil and Tim. Thats what it was; a female that just ate sphagetti! Phil; I agree a bit more DOF might have helped, but in the imperfect world of that day it was overcast, and not a light overcast (hence ISO 1600) and I just didn't have enough light to decrease the aperture. Not to make exuses, but pointing out limitations. The eye reflection was of a solid gray sky, not much detail at all, I thought. However, I did try selectively increasing contrast and it definitely helped. Thanks.

RakeshDhareshwar
12-26-2012, 04:09 AM
Lovely bird and a pleasing image , esp with the colours here !!

Karl Egressy
12-26-2012, 10:48 AM
It is a very interesting coloration this youngster has. Love the colours and details, William. I seem to notice a little noise in the background.