04-26-2008, 08:26 PM
I am just fortunate this spring to have several
green heron in the area I shoot.

400mm, 1.4X, ISO 800, f/9, 1/640 from window mount in van
**and no harsh sunlight** for a change

Thanks for critique my friends

Sid Garige
04-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Classic hunting pose and very well composed image.

Gayle Clement
04-26-2008, 10:35 PM
I really like the pose, Dave. Perfect green heron pose. I don't think I've ever seen this bird with such a clean background.

Dave Phillips
04-27-2008, 08:35 AM
thanks Sid

I really like the pose, Dave. Perfect green heron pose. I don't think I've ever seen this bird with such a clean background.
Gayle that bg is the overexposed duckweed covered surface. I did clone a few small spots.
Thanks for comment

Paul Ricciardi
04-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Dave, I agree with the others, really nice pose and a very effective composition. Green herons are one of my favourites and you really captured them well in this image. Nice work.

David Chauvin
04-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Sweet image, Dave. The pose is fantastic.

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Hi Dave,
Did you try toning down the image overall??? I'm deciding between toning down just the BG or if doing an overall levels adjustment thinking that will make this one pop even more. Worth a shot.........but a very nice overall image,
Roman

Dave Phillips
04-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Dave,
Did you try toning down the image overall??? I'm deciding between toning down just the BG or if doing an overall levels adjustment thinking that will make this one pop even more. Worth a shot.........but a very nice overall image,
Roman

thanks for input Roman.
Not sure I would "pop" it any more as it is way more popped than the original vision.
It was very flat in subdued light, not even enough light to cast soft shadows